Chapter 5 : Promise

It's been 2 months I live in this new world. I managed to make the Duke like me as his daughter. He always visited and spent his free time with me but there's one problem. He still keep his cold personality.

Today, the Duke a.k.a my father bring me to the garden I saw before. He holding me gently and walking around the garden. The garden actually very large and beautiful. There's many kind of flowers such as roses, lavenders, daisies, tulips and sunflowers. The garden also had a leaf maze and fountain.

What a beautiful day..... I hope nothing bad happen.

The Duke walking toward the cottage to enjoy the scenery with me. It's so beautiful and calm. The wind blew slowly through us. I can feel the breeze. I really like this moment. But that woman.... I mean my mother show up and walking toward us. I don't know what her business with him.

Anyway, she never visit or play with me. I think she really hate her own daughter. She bow politely and looking at him. I can saw her belly grow up a little bit.

"What do you want?", The Duke asked harshly.

"I want to see my daughter of course. Is that wrong?", she answer innocently.

My eyes popping out because I can't believe what just she said. But the Duke doesn't look surprised. He just stare at her coldly.

"Now, you want to see her. Is there something you plan behind my back?", he asked.

What's he meant by that?

"Of course not! I never do that.....", she confess.

"You already saw your daughter. Now, leave.....", he said.

"As you wish", she said and left us both.

That's weird...... If you wanted to see me, you shouldn't left so early. I have a bad feeling about this.

The Duke only release a deep sigh from his mouth. I knew that he think about something. That woman also suspicious today and the Duke probably know something about that. I wonder what actually inside his mind.

                 *** *** *** *** *** ***

"Have a sweet dreams, my lady", Tonia whispers.

You too, Tonia.

Tonia go toward her room that beside mine and she blew the candle. I heard the door closed and the darkness surround my room. It's time to me to get some rest. I'm really tired today. The Duke did give me a night kiss at my forehead. I really happy about it. My eyes started to drop and fell to a slumber but it's not last long after I heard someone entered my room. I pretend to sleep and I heard someone talking.

"Is this the baby she talked about?", I deep unknown voice said.

"Yes, is it. Now, we just need to take her away and sell her", another unknown voice said.

What!? Sell me? Are they try to kidnap me!?

I open widely my eyes and start to cry loudly. This is the only thing I can do so far as a baby. The both kidnapper wear a black clothes. They're began to panicked and try to hold me. I struggle but failed. This kidnapper hand is strong than I thought. I heard Tonia voice from her room. She opened the door and shouted,"My LADY!!!".

One of the man pull out a sword toward her. Tonia only can step back and froze at her spot.

"If you don't wanna die, you better shut up", He said.

"I wouldn't. GUARD!!", Tonia shouted again.

The man ready to swing his sword toward Tonia but the door get slammed by the knight. The knight blocked his attack and bring him down quickly. The kidnapper looked at his partner and shouted,"RUN!"