Chapter 21 : Annoying Little Girl

The little girl or should I called, Pilnolphe who shouted Villena name from the distance is walking toward us. I look at Kevin and he still talk with Damien.

I must not let Kevin see her!

"Hey, Damien, Kevin. Could you both go talk over there?", I pointed at the fountain.

"Why?", Kevin look confused.

"It's girl secret conversations. I want privacy", I chuckled awkwardly.

"Sure.....", Kevin nodded at me.

Damien and Kevin walked away from us and at the same time Pilnolphe already sit beside lady Villena. Lady Villena look very unpleasant with her presence including me but I just stay cool and don't make any eye contact with her.

"What's you want?", lady Villena glared at her.

"I want to play with you", She smiled innocently and beaming an unknown light that's make my eyes hurt.

"Ewww... I don't wanna play with you", lady Villena rolled her eyes.

"Why!?", She shouted and makes the other nobles looking at their direction.

Not good....

"Stop yelling, you little brat", lady Villena glared at her.

"So what!", She yelled more.

The situation becoming more annoying to me since everyone keep looking at our direction. I know that she just wanted people attention or making commotion.

"Can you low your voice? Where's your etiquette? We are in the public!", lady Villena warned her but she just ignored it.

This brat! If you want us to play your little games, I will accept it.

"Lady Villena, who is she?", I said to change the topic and want to gain information.

"She's my niece. She just get adopted 4 months ago", She sighed.

Her niece!!? Wtf!

"I didn't know you have a niece. Hello, what's your name?", I forced a smile to her.

"My name is Pilnolphe Keor Ameorna. Nice to meet you, sis", She smiled.

"Hello, I'm Kellen. Nice to meet you too", I chuckled.

Just play her little game, Marien. Don't let your guard down.

"Your name is lame.......", Pilnolphe blurted out.

There's an arrow shot toward my chest and and lady Villena glared at her to take back what she just said.

"Say sorry now!", lady Villena said in angry tone.

"No, it's true. Her name was so lame! And she look ugly", She puffing to herself.

Another arrow get shot in my chest again. Her mouth is so evil but she still a child. A child usually said something nonsense in order to get attention from someone. I just need to be tough and play this child games.

"She's not ugly! And you think you look pretty with your shiny blonde hair and red jewel eyes!?", lady Villena said in angry tone.

"It's okay, lady Villena. She just a child that's still not mature. Leave her be and ignore her word", I sighed.

"Look! She accepted that she have a lame name and ugly face", Pilnolphe laughed.

"Pilnolphe!", lady Villena about to slam the table but I stop her.

"It's fine. Don't let your anger, controlling you", I patted her shoulder.

"Yeah, lady Villena. Just chill, she just a kid", one of her friend agreed with me.

"Okay, fine. I will calm myself down", She sighed.

"Hmph! No fun", Pilnolphe murmured.

She seem want to have fun with make lady Villena pissed as she wanted to causing commotion. Pilnolphe in kid version was so annoying and I already start to hate her more.

"Lady Kellen, I heard that you started to learn swordsmanship. Is that true?", lady Villena spoke.

"Yes, indeed. How you know?", I asked her.

"My father was one of the general army and he heard that his friend became an instructor for the daughter of Mellifluous family. So, I guessed that, it was you", She explained to me.

"Why a noble woman need to learn swordsmanship? Isn't that wrong?", Pilnolphe blurted out again.

"Because she need too", lady Villena rolled her eyes.

"Why?", She asked again.

"Asked her", She pointed at me.

"Why did you learn swordsmanship, sis Kellen?", She said.

"I... I want to be a strong woman, since I don't have a mana", I explained to her.

She's burst out of laughed at me and I was confused. As far I know, there's nothing funny or wrong with my answer. What's wrong with this kid?

"So, what's my mother said about you was true then. You are manaless", She laughed more hardly.

Another arrow get shot in my chest but this more deeper than the other arrow. She wants my soul the be broke and make myself hurt with her evil sharp mouth. I want to ignored her word but my anger is about to explode like a volcano.

"Even though she manaless, she still a tough girl I know. Not like you! You just want to have fun with your new life since you lucky that's my aunt take you as her child and you should be glad too, that you have a light magic that no one can have!", lady Villena defending me and everything she said was true.

Pilnolphe was silent and her head hanging low. She have nothing to say since she felt defeated by lady Villena word. I'm so proud with lady Villena. Being her friend was not a big mistake at all although she kind of rude sometimes.

"Thank you", I whispered at her.

"Your welcome", She smiled.

"What's my fault? I didn't know anything", She said in innocent voice and her eyes watered with tear.

Ahh gosh. No!

Pilnolphe started to cry quietly and this make lady Villena eyes wide open. The most worst thing is, some of the noble notice her crying. They're staring at us and whispered with each other.

I walked beside Pilnolphe and grab her face with my hands.

"Oh no, there's a dust inside your eyes. Let me help you blew it", I said to avoid suspicion.

I blew her eyes slowly but she pushed me until I fall to the ground.

"What's you doing!?", She shouted at me.

I just wanted to help you! Why did you pushed me? Did you hate me?", I said in innocent voice.

"I....I....", Everyone stared at Pilnolphe with a disgusting look.

Pilnolphe was about to cry again and she shot a dark glared at me. Then she run away toward the mansion. She felt very defeated now. It's short commotion by the way and that glared was a warning but I'm not get scared easily.

I sit back at my chair and lady Villena patted my back.

"That's amazing. I didn't know you also can act like her", She chuckled.

"I'm good at acting", I smirked.

"That was great commotion you did over there, lady Kellen. I'm impressed", one of lady Villena friend spoke.

"Thank you", I smiled.

Everything became normal again and I glad that my brother didn't saw what just happened since he get distracted by Damien but I knew that Damien saw what just happened. I saw him take a glanced at our commotion but he kept quiet. I glad he did that.

So, what do you think about Pilnolphe?

Let me know in the comments.

Don't forget to like.