Chapter 36 : Engagement Ceremony

"My lady, are you sure you want to go that horrible ceremony after what happened?", Fischel asked while braided my hair into a halo headband.

I know she concerned about me although she know that what I am doing was for the best.

"Yes, I want them to know that I am not that weak as a noblewoman", I smirked.

The engagement ceremony of prince Aether and lady Pilnolphe is early than I expected. It supposed to be held during spring season but I felt like the prince want to make it quickly so no one will be in his way.

By the way, I have my freedom and I also doesn't need to study to became a future empress. I don't plan to be an empress because that would be hard for me. I'm not an autocratic.

"Lady Kellen, the carriage is here", Sebastian came to the room.

"Thank you, Sebastian. Tell father and my little brother not to worry about me. This is my decision", I stand up.

"Sure, my lady", He nodded.

I left the mansion after I finished my preparation. All the servants look pity in me especially Tonia and Michaela.

They worry too much....

I arrived at the palace only for 1 hours since there's a lot of noble get invited in this memorial ceremony. I exited the carriage with a confident expression I can make. I can heard they start murmured.

Here we go...

I walked inside the palace and quickly make my way to the ballroom.

Almost everybody are here.....

"Lady Kellen! I surprised you here", A familiar voice called my name.

"Lady Villena, you look stunning today. I adore your new gown", I complimented her just to change the topic.

"Oh, thank you. Wait.... Don't you dare change the topic!", She warned me.

"Hahaha.... Came on, I am saying the truth", I laughed awkwardly.

"I know that but what you doing here? I thought you wouldn't came", Lady Villena asked.

"You see. As a noblewoman, I can't let them show my weakness", I smiled.

"You do have a point but you know that everyone were talking about you now", She whispered.

"Ah... Really? I'm flattered", I chuckled.

"Huh... You always like attention. Didn't you, lady Kellen", Another familiar voice spoke behind us.

We both turn around and to our surprise it's Damien who talking.

"Looks like the great knight of this empire is here", Lady Villena scoffed.

"Why you both hate me that much?", Damien felt offended.

"You think I don't know what you done to the young master of Mellifluous family?", Lady Villena glared at him.

"It's the past. Don't remain it", He glared at her back.

Gosh... Did they forget my existence already?

"Damien, I don't know you like to argue with such beautiful woman", A manly voice spoke.

We looked at the direction at the same time and there's him, the third male lead.

"You.... The shiny idiotic prince....", Damien look annoyed.

"Aww.... Why don't you came up with a better nickname, you devil", He smiled.

Vincent Walt Herculean, the third male lead. I wouldn't surprise he would be here and this is where he is going to fall to that girl.