Chapter 9 : Dinner

After we came back from the tea party, my heart can't stop beat quickly. I pacing back and forth at my room. I still wore the same dress and not changing. My mind filled with negative energy and the bad vibe appear again.

Is the Duke knew? If he knew, what should I do!?

This is a problem to me. If the Duke knew what actually happened at the tea party and about my lies, he will kill me or probably throw me away. If that happen, my life as villainess is over!

"What should I do.......?", I mumbled and then I heard someone knocking on my door.

"Who is it?", I said.

"Fischel, my lady. Your water is ready", She said politely.

"Ouh! I will get ready", I answered and get ready for bathe.

After the most refreshing bathe, I wore a yellow dress and Fischel tidy my hair into a ponytail.

"If the dinner ready, I will call you. My lady", She said and leave my room.

I lie down at my soft bed. The bathe make me forget everything what happened today. My mind feel relaxed. This is the best thing ever but that's problem still in my mind. I take my pillow and covered it at my face. I scream until my throat hurt.

"My throat hurts.....", I mumbled.

I rise my body from my bed and walked toward the sofa. I sit to rest my weaked body. My stomach also make a drum sound every 30 second.

"I hope the dinner is ready. My stomach almost make a rebellion against me", I sighed.

It's already dark outside. The moon slowly appear from the night sky. I can see it through the window. The night time always remain me of that day. The day I get kidnapped. I be honest. Sometimes, I dreamt about that tragedy. It's a nightmare that sometimes appear out of nowhere. I really hate it. I'm hoping it's disappear into a dust.

"My lady, the dinner ready", Fischel said after she knocked the door.

"Thanks. I will be right there", I replied and smiled joyfully.

I rise my body again from the comfy sofa. I exit the room and walked toward the dining room. I can smell the delicious food from the table. It's make my stomach growled more. I saw Kevin and the Duke already sitting at the chair except that woman. I guess she still not come back from her business matter. It's also a good thing to me. I can eat in peace.

I sit beside Kevin and we start to eat our food. Our meal today are a roast beef and a mushroom soup. I don't like beef but I like the soup. Beef it's hard to chew with our teeth. I'm not a picky eater but maybe I am.

We eating until our plate clean and nothing left. The maids taking the plate then clean the table. The duke still not leave yet. I think he want to start a conversation. He always does that.

"There's something I want to talk with both of you", He said with a serious tone.

My heart beating so fast as it want to explode from my chest. I hope he not discuss about what happened today. I REALLY hope he doesn't know what really happened!

"We just got another invitation letter today", He said but still in a serious tone.

That's a relieve for both of us but why in the hell his tone is serious!? The invitation sounded important.

"From who?", I asked him.

"The King", He answered.

My jaw dropped in my mind and everybody in the room shocked except the duke. He looked very annoyed I guess. I don't know if this a good news or bad news.

"What is written in the letter?", I asked him to know more.

"He invite us- I mean all of US to the royal palace tomorrow. He also invite all the nobles and the other emperor to attend this stupid- I mean royal party. The King wrote this by himself because I knew his highness imbeciles handwriting. The end", He said with a annoyed face.

I don't know why he like that but as far I know from the novel, the king was the duke childhood friend. The only close friend the duke ever had. The duke doesn't have a close relationship with the other prominent family. Not many nobles like to approach him except the king himself. I really wanted to know how he and the king became friend from the past. I wonder.

"The party is tomorrow and I want you both rest early", He sighed.

"I don't want both of you get exhaust by this unimportant party. I really don't want to attend it but-", He sighed again.

"Because of him, we will go. Sleep early so we can wake up early. The party will start 9 in the morning. Goodnight", He said and exit the room.

"Goodnight, dad", I and Kevin said at the same time.

I know the duke doesn't like the royal party but the king himself invite him. He can insist the king invitation. It's look like the king really know my father.

This chapter is short. I don't have many idea for this chapter. I don't want to spoil the fun 🥱. In other chapter it will be more good. I guess. I hope you all enjoyed it.