Chapter 13 : The Blessing

Inside the carriage

"Dad, what's you and the king talked about?", I asked him since I want to know.

"Ouh! It's about the blessing", He answered.

When he said about the blessing, my brain start to remind me about something important in the novel. I actually almost forgot about that.

The blessing is an acceptation from the Goddess to you into this world. This is the most important event to all people. All people meant noble and a commoner. Most people receive the blessing at the young age like me and Kevin. The noble will receive the blessing at the temple while the commoner will receive the blessing at the church. The blessing also important to a noble since it's a symbol of pride to them. But that's the only information I have because the novel doesn't really mention about the blessing.

The only thing I knew was Kevin will receive the blessing and Kellen not. The reason was she don't have a mana and the duke won't let her receive it. This is also one of the Kellen weakness but I don't really care about it.

"Blessing?", I act dumbfounded.

"Yes, blessing. Every noble and a commoner will receive the blessing. It's also important", He replied.

"Why it's important?", Kevin asked.

"Hmm.... Well, let's just say. It's a symbol of pride for a noble. Meanwhile the commoner, it's a special gift from the Goddess for them", He explained to Kevin.

Kevin nodded as he understand what the duke said.

"Who will receive the blessing?", That woman spoke all the sudden.

The duke look toward her and smirked.

"Kellen and Kevin", He replied.

"What?!", She scoffed and surprise with the answer.

My jaw dropped inside my mind as I don't really understand what's going on but I feel happy about it.

"Why Kellin need to receive the blessing!?", She shouted at him.

I rolled my eyes as she called my name wrongly.

"She need too. She's our child and she deserve it. It's doesn't matter she don't have a mana", He replied politely.

"How about our family pride then!?", She shouted again.

Kevin just look away from them since this will be a huge quarrel. I actually enjoyed it.

"You mean your family pride?", He scoffed.

"Tsk! Yes, my family pride. I don't want to damage their pride and also mine!", She yelled.

"Are you a dumb bitc- woman?", He asked her with a cold stared.

"How dare you said that to me!", She shouted.

"I dare. You should know your place, Mellea Erret", His voice sounded dark.

That woman gritted her teeth while glaring at me furiously. I'm not scared with that face she make. She just an idiot.

"This is my decision. Deal with it", He glared at her.

"Tsk, you don't know what the consequence is!?", She shouted again.

"I don't care. You just a foolish mother", He said.

She glared at him furiously and stop the carriage. She glared at me for the last time then she get out from the carriage. She walk by a feet. The duke talked to the horseman to keep moving and ignore that woman. He only can sighed.

"Is she angry?", I asked.

"Yeah, she is but I don't give a damn. She deserve it", He answered.

"Well, she will take a long time to get home", I said.

"That must be exhaust, right?", Kevin said.

"Yes, I guess but I don't care. She's evil!", I answered.

"I agree too. Mom hate you. I don't understand", Kevin agreed with me.

"When you old enough, you will understand how life work", The duke said.

I and Kevin nodded. For now, that woman probably go to that place. I know for sure since I knew her big dirty secret for a long time.

Hello guys! I know this chapter kind of short but I do my best for this. I hope you all like it.

Marien: Author just lazy to do her work, guys.🙂

Author: What!? Shut up, Marien. 😒

Marien: I knew that you just play Genshin all weeks 🙄

Author: I like play Genshin! So what? 🤨

Marien: That game suck 😑

Author: Whatever! Do your job 😤

Marien: Okay, okay. Give a comment and like please. 🙄