Chapter 28 : Bloody Night

He dragged Kevin and I to the room including Michaela. She was in dying state and also need a treatment directly before she lost a lot of blood but that would never happen since that woman don't really care. She was staring at us with disgust.

"You both shouldn't saw that.... But... it's already too late", She sighed.

"What we gonna do with them?", Duke Buttlin asked out of the blue.

"Hmm.... How about you both pretend that you didn't see anything", She smirked.

What!? You think I'll turn in the blind eye!?

No response from me either Kevin. I knew he can't talk right now since he was in completely shock and confuse. I want to comfort him but the situation wouldn't allow me.

"Why you doing this?", I asked her.

"Witness.... You witness him attacked Micheala and I can't let you go easily. You both probably going to tell the guard, right?", She smirked.

What's she said was kind of make sense. I will do that if my legs have a courage to move but no. I didn't expect this would happen to us and Kevin also get dragged in this kind of horrible situation.

"Mom..... Why... why.... did you hurt Michaela?", Kevin voice sounded shaky.

She approach Kevin and touch his shoulder. She smiled at him like a psycho bitch. I wanted to punch that beautiful face of her.

"Because she hurt mommy~ Do you want mommy get hurt?", She stared.

"No.... I don't want too but... Michaela didn't do anything.... She probably going to die any minutes now....", He formed a tears in his eyes.

Her face was red when he said that. She clenched Kevin shoulder and glared at him.

"What is so good about MICHAELA!? I'M YOUR MOTHER AND YOU SHOULD OBEY ME!!!", She yelling at the top of her lungs and pushing Kevin.

Kevin was petrified with her behaviour. This was the first time he saw that woman deeply mad.

"I SHOULD PUNISH YOU! I SHOULDN'T BORN YOU IN THIS STUPID WORLD!", She took the poker from the fireplace and ready to hit Kevin with it without any hesitation.

I quickly run towards her and push her body away from successfully swinging the poker at Kevin. We both fall to the floor.

"Kevin run! NOW!", I yelling at the top of my lungs.

"Ellen.... I....", His whole body was trembling.

"JUST GO! AND RUN! DON'T TURN BACK! YOU NEED TO FIND HELP!", I yelled again while tried to keep this woman from woke up.

Kevin was stunned to speak for while and then he running toward the door but duke Buttlin blocked the way.

"Where do you think you're going?", He threatening him.

"Out..... Reverse...", He whispered.

All the sudden, duke Buttlin switching place with Kevin. I can't believe with my own eyes that I saw Kevin use magic for the first time  in front of me. That was unpredictable. Duke Buttlin also stunned for while but then he back to his sense.

Kevin open the door quickly but duke Buttlin successfully grab Kevin on the shoulder.

"You BRAT!", He yelled.

Michaela, who was lying down, woke up and pushed his body. Duke Buttlin lost his grip on Kevin's shoulder. Kevin quickly running away without looking back. I was relieved that he escaped but right now, I need to deal with this two idiot.