Chapter 33 : Consent Decision

I stopped my steps when the duke and I arrived in front of the palace. I was admiring the majestic building although I came here often during I still engaged with the prince.

Oh god.... I'm here....

"Kellen, let's go", The duke said when he saw me stopped my steps.

I nodded and continue to follow the duke behind him. I can felt the cold aura around him. He was calm but deep down he was mad. I know this going to happened.

We entered the palace and a servants escort us directly to the king office. A few maid walking pass us as we walking through the hallway. I tried to be calm as possible like the duke.

Let's do this! We can do it!

The servants opened the door and show a king who sitting comfortably in his office. He stand up quickly when he saw us.

"Duke Joseph and Lady Kellen, you here.... I...", Before he could finish his sentence, the duke slapped him in the face.

The servant who saw the event quickly close the door. I was stunned for a while after saw it. The king who just get slapped turn to the duke with a calm face.

"You know what just your son did to my daughter and yet you didn't do anything!", He stomped the table.

"I'm sorry for what happened. I apologize on behalf of my son", He sighed.

"I want him to apologize. Not you, Ellious", He sighed.

"Just..... please calm down, Josh. I.... Let's talk this matter properly.... Will you?", The king suggested.

"Talk properly..... You know that your son broke my family pride!? He was annulling the engagement in front of everyone! You know how humiliated I am?", He snapped.

"Josh, calm down. I know you mad at me. I tried to discuss with him but he insisted. It's already his choice. We can't do anything", He grabbed his shoulder.

"So, are you gonna just agree with the annul engagement?", The duke step away from the king.

"I don't have any choice. I'm sorry..... I... I can't do anything although I'm the king. You can object the annul engagement if Kellen agree to do that", The king now was looking at me.

What? Now, you want me to give an answer!?

The duke also change his direction toward me. He wanted to hear my answer and I don't think he would like it or not. Their both eyes gave me a shiver in my spine.

"I......I.....agree with annul engagement", I answered.

Both of their eyes were wide open. My hand was sweating a lot to hear their reply especially the duke.

"You agree?", The king look dumbfounded a little.

"Yes, I agree", I replied.

"Why...? Why you agree, Kellen? There's must be a reason", The duke asked with a calm voice.

"I.... Let's just say I want to forget him. I don't want to force a love toward a person who doesn't have a love toward me. I give up on him", I smile.

The room was quite and surprisingly the duke doesn't object my answer. He was thinking for a few seconds until a sigh escaping in his mouth.

"So, are you going to throw away all the hardwork you been through this few months. Kellen, I can see that you able to be a capable queen in the future for this empire but......if that your decision, I will respect it", He's agree.

"And you", The duke turn around toward the king.

"Yes....?", He flinched.

"I'm.... apologize for.... slapping you", The duke sighed.