Chapter 27 : The Head Maid

Micheala POV

I, Micheala, the head maid and also duchess Mellea personal maid or should just called her a two face bitch.

I been serve the Mellifluous family for 20 years. Not so long, not so short.

My duty was only to serve the Mellifluous family and make sure they happy with our service as a servants. We can't do any mistake in this place or the death will waiting for us just like the late head maid who betrayed the duke.

The duke, Joseph Arro Mellifluous, the most cold-hearted man among the nobles but he's not really a cold-hearted. He actually a kind man who endure all his misery. The king also knew that.

His wife, Mellea, a two face bitch. I don't like her since she married with the duke. She only do that for her family fortune.

I remember when she gave birth to her first child, Kellen. She look at her with disgust after she knew that Kellen don't have a mana. She such a worst mother but Kellen was different.

She didn't have a mana but she work hard on learning the swordsmanship. I was surprised but at the same time, I was proud. She overcome her weakness. She has her father personality.

As for Kevin, the young master, he such a  sweet, cute and innocent child. He always spent his time in the library. I also just knew that he like magic. Looks like he will be a great duke one day.

I promised myself to protect them no matter what liked I said in front of the duke.

The duke, he's not a fool man. He knew everything. He also knew about his wife dirty works but he didn't have enough evidence to gave it to the courthouse. That's why he choose me as his spy to find an evidence. He trust me.

I tried my best to find an evidence but the only clue I get was the duke she always met, Duke Buttlin Broush, her sex and business partner. They're always talk about some kind of business. The business they talking must be related with her dirty work.

When I investigate it further, I find an evidence about it. A documents she kept from the duke. I saw her looked at some kind of documents and put it inside the box. Then, she put it somewhere under the bed. When she was gone, I tried to find it but it's useless. I can't find it everywhere like it vanished without a trace.

I told the duke about it and he told me to find it no matter what but I need to be careful.

I am the duke eyes and ears. I can't get caught by her.

"Mrs. Micheala, the duke wanted to talk with you at his office", Sebastian said.

"Okay, I will go now...", I said and walk as faster I can to the duke office. It sounded urgent to me.

I knocked the door for a few times and wait for a response.

"Come in", The duke said.

I opened the door and entered his office. The duke was sitting on his chair, staring at the paper on his hand with a cold eyes. The duke was in the bad mood today. I can felt the cold atmosphere around this room.

"Your Grace, is there anything you need?", I bowed at him.

"Nothing..... Just.... Hmm..... Help me with a few things", He replied.

"What is it?", I asked curiously.

"Bring my sword. I want to go somewhere", He said.

"Sword...? Your Grace, are you going to the palace?", I asked him since he usually bring his sword when he went to the palace or business trip.

"No.... Just bring my sword. Don't worry, I won't do anything silly. Oh! And... don't forget to keep an eyed on them", He smiled but this time his eyes was cold like an ice.