Chapter 10 : The royal party

The carriage move after all of us inside the carriage. The mood was fine and calm but to me is HELL. That woman is here! Staring at me in disgust. I know she hate me but please don't stare at me like that. It's creepy! Why she hate me that much!? Just because I don't had a mana, doesn't mean you need to stare at me.

I wore a dark purple dress and my hair get into a pony tail with a purple ribbon on it. I slept well last night except the duke. He looked very tired. He as the main head of the Mellifluous family, he had a big responsibility. I understand with his situation although his face looked tired and sleepy, his handsomeness never fall from his charm.

"Ellen, are you okay?", Kevin whispered at me.

I nodded at him. Kevin wore a white tuxedo and a trouser. He looked so cute! I know that he very nervous with this important or unimportant party. He always nervous around people.

After a long way road, we arrive at the royal palace. There's many nobles around the place. The king really throw a big party today.

We exit the carriage and enter the royal palace. The royal palace is beautiful. More beautiful than our mansion. My mouth wide open when I saw all this. Everything is beautiful inside the novel except for the human heart.

"Beautiful, right?", The duke spoke after he saw me open my mouth widely.

"Yes, more beautiful than our home", I replied.

"Yeah, I know", He mumbled.

My excitement fade when the big door open by the butler and all the nobles eyes focused on me. I can heard them murmured about me. The duke eyes started to cold toward them and the nobles look away. They get the warning.

Then, someone walked toward us and greet the duke.

"Josh, you here", The man said and he looked handsome but my father more handsome.

"Your highness, please don't called me by that nickname", The duke sighed after bowed at him. I and Kevin also bowed too. I don't know that's actually the king.

"Come on. Don't be that formal. I'm your childhood friend", He said with a sad tone.

"Okay..... Fine....., El...lious", He sighed and also hesitate.

The king look at us and smiled. I can tell he a kind person. He really had an opposite personality with his son, Aether. The first male lead of the novel.

"This must be your children. Kellen and Kevin, right?", The king said.

"Yes. Where is your son?", He asked him.

"He's busy with his study", The king sighed in disappointment.

"He probably want to be a great king. Just like you", The duke mumbled.

"Thanks and where is your wife?", The king asked the duke.

"She probably gone after we spoke with each other", The duke sighed.

"Hmm..... Let's just enjoying the party. I don't want to ruin your mood. I need to greet the other guests too. But I will come back and had a conversation with you later", The king smirked.

"Whatever, Ellious. Do your royal duty", The duke said angrily.

The king left toward the crowd. He such a nice king. I like him but he the third person I like in the list. First, the duke and second is Kevin.

"He never change", The duke mumbled to himself.

"Are you both close, dad?", I asked him. I really wanted to know.

"Yeah..... He was the only person who not afraid of me. That's just a past. No need to remain it", He answered and want to stop the topic.

I get more curious about their relationship and past. I want to know! But the duke doesn't like to talk about it. I'm going to ask the king myself.