Chapter 37 : The Statue

"Ugghhh.... My back hurt!", I rest my body at the bench.

The ceremony went smoothly after a few minutes. A classical music started to be hear inside the ballroom and people started to dance with their partner.

Luckily, I quickly walked away from that hell after it started. I went toward the nearest imperial garden to rest.

Hmm.....I want to rest for a while....

My eyes was looking around the imperial garden to throw away my boredom. Mesmerized by the nature, it already make my mind calm.

While my eyes was wondering around, I saw something out of ordinary. There's a small gate covered with bushes from the distance.

I never saw that before..... Should I investigate it?

My curiosity was killing then, I got up from the bench and make my way toward the small gate I saw. The gate was old and rusty but I can opened it without the key.

I walked inside to see a beautiful garden in front of me. I never thought the palace would have this kind of secret garden.

There's a lot of flowers, a fountain in the middle of the path and a statue in front of me. The statue was a woman who was praying.

"Who is she?", I mumbled.

"That's the founder of Luminour empire", A familiar voice answered my question.

Wait!? That voice!

"Hello, lady Kellen. I don't know if you remember me", I turn around to see Elric.

"You.....Elric!", I yelled.

"Ohh? I thought you didn't remember me. It's been 17 years", He smiled.

"Of course I remember you....", I narrowed my eyebrows.

Elric, the leader of magic tower. He is a mysterious man who I should trust or not because he suppose appear in 28th prince Aether birthday. This is the second time he show himself at the wrong time.

"What are you doing here?", I asked and crossed my arms.

"To remember my old friend...", He pointed at the statue.

"The founder of Luminour empire? Is she your friend?", I asked.

I thought the founder of Luminour empire is Venderick family!

"Yes, indeed. One of the most important friend I ever had", He sighed.

"What's her name?", I asked since I was a little curious.

"You sure very curious about it didn't you?", He smiled.

"Of course! Even my history instructor doesn't mention anything about it. They only said the founder of Luminour empire is the Venderick family", I sighed.

"They won't mention it..... because no one should know", His eyes cold.

"Why?", I asked.

"For the good of all", He sighed.

I don't understand....

"Even the king himself keep this as a secret. No one should know except for the royal family", He sit down at the bench.

"Wait, how about me?", I felt dumbfounded.

"You are also an exception. Remember the tree your highness tell you about?", He smirked.

Wait! He know!

"Don't make such a face. I know he tell you that story including his more-than-a-close-friend", He chuckles.

"That's already out of the line. So, the founder and the tree connected?", I asked.

"Yes, but would you trust the story that had been told for generation?", He looked at me.

Another riddle have given. I don't know how to answer that, it's mean something else too.

"I guess you should figure it out by yourself", He look away from me.

"Sure, but how about you tell me about this founder", I sit beside him.

"Surely, I been waiting for you to ask that question", He chuckled.

"Is that so?", I felt dumbfounded.

"Yes, let me tell you. The founder name was Hyu. A woman that all people in the empire adore the most especially her intelligence and beauty but an unknown disease killed her.... At the end, I can't save her.....", He looked away from the statue.

"That's.... I'm sorry... I shouldn't ask.....", I felt regret for asking him that kind of question.

"No need to apologize. Everything is in the past now", He smile although there's a sign of sadness in it.

Unknown disease.......

My mind was wondering what kind of unknown disease killed her. I want to ask but seem like he was in despair for a moment. I don't want to bother him.

I was about to leave him alone for a moment since I don't have any business in here but he said something weird.

"You know..... Hyu resemble you a lot"

I stopped my steps and when I was about to look at his direction. He already gone without a trace.

"The fuck......", My jaw dropped.

He once again gone without a trace. Every single time I met him, he always gone and left a riddle around my head just to see if I can solve it. He may have something to do but something not right with him. He's not like the male lead in the novel I read before.

Did he know I'm not from this world?

"Lady Kellen!", A familiar voice called out my name.

I turned around to see lady Villena was walking toward my direction. It seem like she already discovered this gorgeous garden.

"What is this place?", Her eyes was sparkling with delight.

"This is a secret garden belong to the palace", I answered.

"I see. Maybe I should made a secret garden for myself so that little bitch wouldn't bother me", She suggested to herself.

"Well, that's a great idea. By the way, why you called me? Did something happened?", I asked.

"Oh! The ceremony was about to end. I got bored so I want to find you. We can leave the palace if you want", She smiled.

"Sure, I don't have any business in here anyway", I sighed in relieve.

We both make our way to leave the palace. There's also a few guest was about to leave too. My mind can't stop thinking about the statue I saw at the secret garden including what Elric said.

The founder resemble me? Is that a joke? But..... He seem serious.... Should I believe him?

Hello guys! I'm back to update this story. I know you all been waiting for ages but I will make sure this book get updated.

I hope you all enjoyed it and if there's any grammar error, please forgive this silly writer of yours🌚