Chapter 23 : The History

I lie down on my chamber while staring at the ceiling. My mind kept thinking about what happened yesterday.

Dragon.....

It's the only word I kept thinking for a while. That word was the biggest hint I get from Pilnolphe conversation with the strange black figure. I also wondering what's actually that strange figure. Isn't a bird person...? Cause it's had a wing behind it, or maybe not?

I staring at the ceiling for a few moments, memorize the majestic pattern that was engraved by the famous sculptor. I was in awe for a few seconds until I saw a dragon and an angel pattern fighting each other.

What the.....

I look closely since I can't believe with my own eyes what just I saw. I pointed my finger toward the pattern so I can observe carefully.

A dragon and an angel fighting with each other.....? Did the sculptor craved this by his own imagination? Or..... through history...?

That's when I found an answer for the clue but I don't know if my theories is true or false. The reason was in original novel, the author doesn't mentioned anything about history of the empire cause he only focusing on the protagonist. Well, the protagonist more important than the history.

To test this theory, I need to go to the library. The only place I can think for now.

I woke up from my bed and directly went toward the library that's not far from my room, walk by myself without my maid, Fischel in my side.

I entered the library, looking around at the bookshelf. I tried to find a book that's about a dragon and an angel. My eyes carefully analyze each book from the bookshelf but unfortunately there's no title about it.

Did my theory was wrong....?

"Kellen? What's you looking for?", A familiar voice asked behind me.

"D..ad!? I didn't notice you were.... here....", I turn around, smile awkwardly toward him.

I didn't hear his footsteps!!? What the hell!!

"Is there something bothering you?", He asked me.

"No... There's nothing....just.... Tried to find a... book.....", I answered.

"I can see that....but your face tell me otherwise", He sighed.

"I speak the truth, dad. There's nothing bothered me....", I look toward his eyes so he can't know that I was lie cause people who lie always blinking their eyes several times or look away from someone who their lie.

"Okay..... So, what's kind of book... you tried to find? Maybe I can help", He smiled at me.

"Well, I tried to find a book about a dragon and an angel fight with each other....", I told him.

His eyes was wide open when he heard what I said. He look away from me for a few seconds and looking back at me after that.

"Where did you know about that?", The duke asked me a strange question.

"I..... From lady Villena, she told me about it but she forgot the title. I get interested with it, so I tried to find a book like that in the library", I lie to the duke.

Sorry, lady Villena ಥ_I sold your precious name.

The duke's were staring at me with a serious expression on his handsome face. I think he had a suspicion on my answers.

"Kellen..... The book you tried to find.... You can't find it here", He told me.

"Where I can find it?", I asked him.