Chapter 17: The First Meeting with the Leader of Magic Tower

"Oh, it's just.... a beautiful little girl", He sighed to himself while staring at me.

I, on the other hand, stared nervously at him. My mind also filled with questions since he was here.

What's he doing here? He shouldn't be returned by now. He's suppose to be traveling! What's going on?

In the novel, his first appearance is at the palace where the king held a party for prince Aether's 28th birthday. Also, in that time he already return from his travel but why was he here!? It's too early for him to return to the Luminour Empire.

"Did I scared you, little girl?", He asked me since I don't responding.

"No....", I replied.

"That's good...", He chuckled lightly.

"Anyway, what's a beautiful little girl like you doing in here..... alone? Shouldn't you be with your parents?", He asked me.

"I'm lost....", I answered directly.

"How?", He asked.

"Long story but I'm not gonna tell you", I said with a serious tone.

"That's fine. A noble woman always like to keep their personal secret", He chuckled again.

He keep laugh with my answer. There's nothing funny about it.

"How about you? Sir Magician", I asked him.

"I'm lost too", He answered honestly.

What in the name of Goddess! He also lost!? He was like 700+ years older than me. There's no way he lost in this fucking maze.

"How?", I asked him.

He's quiet for a while. There must be something bothering him. I can feel it.

"I can't tell you either", He smiled.

"Okay. So, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be traveling?", I asked him inadvertently.

His eyes was wide open. I shouldn't have asked him that question.

"How does a little girl like you know I'm supposed to be traveling for now?", He shot a glared at me.

Shit! I need to make an excuse!

"My..... My dad! Yes, my dad! He....he told me that the leader of magic tower was traveling around the world. He said that the leader of magic tower has long black hair and pure orange eyes just like you!", I answered.

"Hmmm.... Okay... Many noble from this empire knew that I'm traveling", He smiled.

I laughed awkwardly at him. He smiled but his eyes continued to stare at me from top to bottom as he analyzed me.

"Your eyes...... Are you from Mellifluous family?", He asked me.

"Yes, I am", I replied.

"Hmm.... No wonder you look like him", He smirked.

Is he mean the duke?

"You know my father?", I asked him.

"Yes, of course. Everyone know him", He answered.

"Everyone...?", I said with a confuse face.

"Everyone mean the noble and the other empire. Your father was famous around the world since he was a great businessman and also a cold-hearted person toward certain people", He explained to me.

"Hey! My dad is not a cold-hearted person!", I shot a glared at him but he was just laughed at me.

"Hahaha..... That's people opinion. Not mine, princess", He chuckled lightly.