Chapter 1

''Haley, Sweetie, can I come in?'' My mom said knocking on the door and slightly looking over the edge of the door.

''Yes, of course'' I answer as I was staring myself down in the mirror.

''You look gorgeous'' My mom said while wiping tear drops off of her cheeks ''I can't believe my baby girl is getting married today''

Honestly I couldn't believe it ether. I looked at my mom while she was trying to keep her tears from coming down her face and looked back at myself in the mirror.

My dress. It was everything I had ever dreamed about, it complimented my body very well and made me look like a goddess. It was all white with beautiful lace and little white beads here and there. It would flow perfectly with my body. My hair and makeup was done by my sister, and it was perfect.

My mom came closer and gave me a little blue box and said ''I was wearing this when I got married to your dad, and now I want you to have it". I slowly opened the box and it was a silver hair clip with pearls, that matched perfectly with my dress. ''Thanks mom, it's so beautiful, I love it!'' I turned around and let her put it in my hair right above my veil.

It was about go time, I was nervous but excited, after all I had dreamed of this day since I was a little girl. I looked at all my bridesmaids who also looked absolutely stunning.

My dad came in and called my mom. He was worried, I could tell by his face. In that moment I knew something was wrong.

I got scared and waited for one of them to come back in the room and tell me what's going on. My sister tried to calm me down, saying that it was probably nothing and dad is just worried about giving his little girl away to another man. A man that I love.

My mom came in and dad followed. I jumped up and all the attention was on them. Moms tears were gone and she looked devastated, but they didn't say anything.

''Can somebody tell us what's going on here?'' Amelia, my sister, asked, because I was frozen.

''He didn't show up'' My mom said and I immediately sat down, knowing that she was talking about the man I had to marry today. I heard my bridesmaids asking questions to my parents ''Who?'', '''What?'', but it was all a blur. It felt like the time had stopped and I had been frozen to this chair, in this beautiful dress. Everyone was running and screaming ''call him'', ''we need to find him'', but I knew that he wasn't going to show up. I could feel my heartbeat in the back of my head and I was overwhelmed by cold sweat.

My sister shook me and screamed my name. I zoned back and stood up from the chair.

''STOP! Everyone stop!'' I screamed and everything got quiet. Every eyes in this room were focused on me.

''He's not coming'' I said and ripped the veil out of my hair and left the room.