Chapter 29

My parents left a few days back, I made up with my mom, but Amelia was still mad at me and honestly I was still mad at her and I knew we both needed time to cool off before we try to make up.

Today was the day of my 8 week ultrasound. I couldn't believe I was already 2 months in and this time Riccardo was coming with me and I was so excited. We only needed to tell his parents about the pregnancy and I could only hope that it would finally go better as telling Riccardo and my family didn't go as planned. I wanted to not tell anyone until the third trimester was over but seeing as my parents already knew it felt wrong to keep it a secret from Riccardos parents for another month so we decided we will them soon after this ultrasound.

''Are you ready?'' Riccardo asks me as we sit in the car and are about to leave. I look through my purse to check that I had everything I needed with me.

''Yeah, we can go'' I reply and he just caresses my leg and starts to drive.

''What if we're having twins?'' I ask Riccardo jokingly as we drive to the clinic I was getting my ultrasound

''Then we're having twins'' He simply replies as if one more wouldn't be anything.

We keep talking about the most random stuff while driving and I could feel a little anxiety inside of me about the appointment today, I was scared that something might be wrong, after all we did have a couple of stressful days a while back.

''Good morning Haley and Riccardo'' The doctor says as she walks in the room and I was already sat on the doctor's chair and Riccardo was next to me looking around the room.

''So let's check how the baby is doing'' The doctor says giving us a sweet smile and squeezing the cold jelly on my belly making me flinch at first of how cold it was. The she puts on the transducer on my lower stomach and starts to drag it around looking for the baby.

''There it is!'' She says showing us the screen with a little blob on it, it was so small that it was hard to even tell what it was. She then takes some measurements of the baby while my eyes are still glued to the little bean.

''And this is your baby's heartbeat'' She says and turns on the sound making me and Riccardo hear the fast heart that was beating inside of me. I look over to Riccardo and give him my hand and he just has the biggest smile on his face from hearing the heartbeat.

The doctor finishes up and let's me clean up while she continues to tell us everything we need to know.

''So your due date is 28th September, and the baby is measuring as it should be at 8 weeks so I have no concerns and also the heartbeat was strong so your baby is healthy and growing. And I think the next time I should see you would be around 18-20 weeks, then we can also find out the gender of the baby'' The doctor says looking at us and giving us the most heartwarming smile.

''Okay thank you'' Riccardo says happily as we both get ready and leave.

We drive back home both filled with joy about what doctor had told us.

''When we get back, go pack you bags we're gonna go to Sicily for a few days to visit my parents'' He says and I just nod in agreeing.

The next day, Sicily

"Haley! Riccardo!" I hear Riccardo's mom shout just as we had entered the house and she walks over to greet us.

She pulls me in for a hug which I return and then goes to hug her son.

"Come in guys, are you hungry?" She asks us waving her hand so we follow her to the kitchen.

We walk to the kitchen and just as we enter there is Riccardo's father and two women that I had never seen before.