Chapter 8

Five days later

I've been here for five days already and I've made some great friends. Me and Bella have been going out and about in Italy and she has been showing me around making me fall in love with this Country more and more, making me not want to leave.

''So are you ready to head to the beach today?'' Bella asks me while we both eat breakfast in the big kitchen with few of the men that live here. I nod my head with my mouth full of food and Bella laughs.

''Alessio can you pass me the syrup?'' I ask and he smiles and passes me the syrup. I say thank you and proceed to pour it over my waffles.

Over these days I have made friends with a few men that live here, Dante, Alessio, Kris and Vincent. They were all great guys and seem to have a strong bond with Riccardo. Which talking of Riccardo, who I haven't seen around in like 3 days. Even if I have been sleeping in his room because I was too scared to go back to mine, I never even saw him. I would hear him come in the room at night and sleep for a few hours and then wake up before I got to wake up and leave and so on and on for the past few days. It made me sad not seeing him but the time and time again I needed to remind myself that we are not together and that he is a nice guy who let's me crash in his mansion and in his bed. 

I was starting to leave soon because maybe Riccardo felt overwhelmed with me being here for so long and that's why he was avoiding me and I didn't want to overstay my welcome, so I will look at the nearest flights somewhere this evening when we get back from the beach.

''So where are you going today?'' Kris who just walked in the kitchen asks us.

''To the beach, wanna come?'' I ask him and before he could respond I continue.

''You all should come'' I point at the three man sitting in front of me and Bella.

''Yeah you should, it would be fun'' Bella agrees with me pointing her fork somewhere in the air.

''I don't know, we need to ask Riccardo'' Vincent says with mouth full of waffles

''What is he your mom or something?'' I say rolling my eyes hearing his name, feeling my body fill with anger that he has been avoiding me, but then instantly my anger is replaced with sadness. I miss him. 'Stop it Haley, he is nothing to you'

''I'm sure he wouldn't mind'' Bella says encouraging the guys to ask their 'daddy' for permission. Over the last few days I have realized that they were all some sort business men and the head of it all was Riccardo. But sometimes they would act like they were in a gang or something.

The guys nod in agreement just as the doors fly open with no one other than Riccardo entering the room. Him looking as hot as always, his hair a little messy, wearing his tux but the jacket was missing, frustration all over his face. Just as he looks around the room our eyes meet and it feels as if time had stooped and there was no one else here other than me and him. It was the first time I see him in a couple of days. But it is soon unfrozen as he looks over to the guys breaking our eye contact making my heart shatter.

''Hey Rick, the girls want us to accompany them to the beach'' Alessio says making it sound more like a suggestion than a question.

''Sure'' Riccardo says without any expression taking  a cold water bottle out of the fridge and heading back out of the kitchen when he suddenly stops and pats the top of my head as if I was a little child. Everyone's eyes now on us making me blush but then I shrug my shoulders in response to their confused faces. 'What was that?' I think to myself being mad at him playing his little games with me. Why was he acting this way? Can he really not wait for me to be gone? 'That's it I'm going to sleep in my room tonight, I'm sure I'll be fine, maybe he just wants his own room back.' I think to myself when I have made a decision.