Chapter 18

''Bella?'' I hear Dante's voice call for her as he enters the room and I go to turn around to face him.

I see his face grow with surprise as he is greeted by me not Bella who he was looking for.

''Dante'' I say and go to give him a hug which he returns.

''What are you doing here Haley?'' He asks me happy to see me.

''I'm not Haley, I'm Melanie Hernandez tonight'' I tell him and he laughs.

''This was all Bella's doing wasn't it?'' he tells me with the biggest smile on his face still not believing I was here.

''I needed a friend at the ball, can you blame me?'' Bella comes from her closet putting on some earrings. Me and Dante laugh at her words.

''I'm so happy to see you'' Dante then says and gives me another hug.

''I'm glad to be here too'' I say to him happy to see him. I didn't even realize how much I missed him.

Then Dante's expression suddenly changes and he goes to ask.

''Does he know you're here?'' He asks shyly.

I shake my head 'no' giving him a slight sad smile. ''And he doesn't have to know'' Bella then tells Dante making sure he doesn't say a word about me to Riccardo.

''I won't tell him, but I know he would be happy to see you here'' Dante gives me a smile and rubs my arm assuring me that it was alright that I was here.

''Anyway, Bella your mother was looking for you'' Dante says and Bella rolls her eyes.

''You watch her while I'm gone'' Bella warns Dante and me when she puts on her mask and leaves the room.

''So shall we?'' Dante asks me giving me his elbow to hold on to. I grab my mask and put it on and then take his hand and we both exit the room and he leads me to the big room filled with people in masks and a easy going music playing. As we walk in the room I look around to see the people there, looking for that one specific person.

''He's probably still in his office'' Dante whispers to me seeing I was looking around the room and I give him a slight smile as he proceeds to lead me deeper in the room where we walk up to two very familiar men.

''I see you've got a hot date Dante'' Kris jokes seeing us coming over.

''Shut up Kris'' I tell him and then both of them look my way and freeze for a second just as shocked as Dante was when he first saw me.

''Missed me?'' I ask them just as we had stopped right in front of them.

''Haley!'' Alessio shouts and comes to give me a hug, and then Kris come to give me a hug too.

''She's Melanie Hernandez tonight'' Dante tells them and they all laugh knowing it was all Bella who got me here.

''From all the people I thought I was gonna see tonight you were the last one for sure'' Alessio admits.

''Well I'm full of surprises'' I tell them making them all laugh.

''Oh there you are'' Bella comes over to us looking like she had just ran a marathon.

''I looked everywhere for you'' She tells me trying to catch her breath.

''I'm sorry'' I tell her and laugh at how much out of breath she looked.

She then straightens her posture and takes a deep breath and looks at the two guys who were looking at her.

''No word about her to Riccardo'' She demands frowning her brows and pointing her finger at both of them and they nod in understanding.