Chapter 32

I woke up next morning after sleeping with breaks as the baby was waking up every few hours and needed to be fed and also nurses coming in almost every hours to check in on us. I looked over and saw an empty crib and then looked over to Riccardo who was rocking Esther in his hands and the view just made my heart melt.

Then the door opens and the room is filled with people. My family, Riccardo's family and even Dante and Alessio had come. They all have flowers or balloons and they congratulate me and Riccardo on our baby. As I look around the room it makes me happy to see everyone here and so happy. Riccardo still holding our as my mom and his mom talk to him and look at their granddaughter.

They all spent some time with us and the baby was cuddled by everyone and we just talked and enjoyed the joyful moment. After some time everyone left and now it was just me, Riccardo and our baby girl again.

''I got you something'' Riccardo says and he goes to pull out a square red velvet box and carries it to me.

''Riccardo, you shouldn't have'' I say as I take the bow from him and give him a kiss.

''It's for giving birth to our daughter'' He says and gives me another kiss.

''So it's a push present?'' I say and laugh a little making him laugh too.

''Yeah, you can call it like that'' He says and I only smile of how sweet this was and I go to open the big box.

As I open it I see a diamond necklace with some red rubies and it probably cost just as much as my our home here in Italy.

''Riccardo...'' I go to say with some tears in my eyes.

''Don't say anything, I am not taking it back'' He says as if already knowing what I was going to say.

''Thank you'' I say and give him a kiss.

''I love you'' He says as he caresses the back of my head and places a kiss on my head.

''I love you'' I reply and keep admiring the beautiful necklace in front of me.

A couple of months later

I walk was feeding Esther who was now already 9 months old and I swear she was growing day by day and soon enough she will be finishing collage and getting married.

''There are my two favorite girls'' I hear Riccardo's voice as he walks in and places a kiss on the top of the head.

I look at him and see him dressed in his 'have to go kill someone' clothes and my face grows confused.

''Where are you going?'' I ask him as I stand up and go to put Esther back in her crib and give her a toy to play with.

''We found Jake'' He says and crosses his arms in front of him.

''Really?'' I say as I look down on Esther who was holding the toy while I was holding the other end.

''Yeah, so I probably won't be home tonight'' He says and walks over to pick up Esther and cuddle her before he leaves.

''Please be careful'' I say and wrap my hands around his waist now hugging him and Esther.

''I will'' He says and places a kiss on Esther's head as she slowly falls asleep.

He goes to put Esther in her crib carefully to not wake her up. He then walks over to me and wraps his hands around my waist and I wrap mine around his neck.

''Promise me you'll be really careful'' I say with my voice quite.

''I promise you baby'' He says and pulls me in a tight hug.