Chapter 3

I landed in Paris when it was 3am here. It was all pitch black outside. I sat in the airport and searched for a hotel, because I forgot to think of that too.

George used to plan everything, he liked to plan everything down to a minute, if we traveled, which we did rarely, he would plan everything from flights and hotels, to restaurants we would eat at and shops we would shop at. I will admit sometimes it was annoying, because we could never get off the schedule, if I wanted to visit a different souvenir shop than he had planned to it would turn out into a huge scene.

But this trip isn't about George, it's about me, so I need to forget about him.

I found a hotel and called a taxi to take me there. It was in a little out of the big center of Paris, but it was still pretty close.

I got to the hotel and it was beautiful, it wasn't too big but it had 5 floors and plenty of rooms. It was old fashioned inside but it made it feel safe and it was the good type of old, it felt very clean and very well maintained.

My room was on the fifth floor, it had a big enough double bed, a TV, mini fridge, a little desk and a closet. Despite the old fashioned hotel halls, the room itself was really modern, I could tell it was freshly renovated. As I opened the night curtains I found a balcony. It was small but just how I had imagined it. I walked on it, and I could see a city with a lot of small houses that wouldn't reach past five floors and behind them the buildings would grow bigger and the streets were lighter, and to my right you could see the sparkling tip of the Eiffel tower. I didn't know how much I needed this.

After getting some food I passed out and slept the entire day from the jet lag. I woke up around noon and decided to go explore this city of love, as they call it. I laughed to myself, because I was sure that I was the only person who has come to Paris not looking for love.

I went into the bathroom and looked at myself. My long blond hair had all been tangled and looked like I hadn't brushed them in years. I was gonna need more than just makeup and hair combed. So I took a shower.

I did my makeup, but I kept it natural, as I usually do. And I blow dried and curled my hair because I prefer it slightly curly. I wore my favorite blue jeans and a white blouse that wasn't on the fancy side.

I left my hotel room and went to explore the streets and shops around me. I tasted some french foods and bought some goods from the near shops. I went to sit down by the fountain that was surrounded by these small houses. I took my phone and called my mom. This time she picked up.

''Oh my God, Haley, where the hell are you?'' My moms loud but with worry filled voice came through the phone.

''Hi, mom!'' I roll my eyes at her being dramatic.

''Don't hi me, what are you doing?'' She tells me I an demanding voice to give her answers.

''Mom I'm fine, I'm enjoying Paris, how are you?'' I tell her calmly.

I kept my chill but I could tell that my mom was furious.

''What where you thinking going there alone?'' She proceeds to ask me as she freaks out on me.

''I wanted to get out of New York and do something alone for the first time in my life'' I plead with her.

''And you had to go to France for that?'' She sounded furious, like she could come here and kill me right this second.

''Well I could of went to Portugal, but flight to Paris was sooner'' I tell her avoiding the real question she was asking.

''Don't joke about this Haley, we are all worried about you!'' She tells me with anger in her voice.