Chapter 24

''I just hate him so much, I want to make him pay'' I say thinking about what could of happened if the bullet had hit in a different spot. It could of killed me. It could of killed our baby.

I found out I was pregnant when we were about to leave the hospital and the doctor had come in to talk to me and told me. I was terrified, me and Riccardo aren't even together and now I am here pregnant with his baby. I don't even know if he wants kids.

I've been staying in our bedroom the past days trying to figure out how to tell Riccardo that I was pregnant and I think I had decided to wait until I am 100% sure that the baby is okay. As the doctor had said, if my recovery goes well and I get plenty of rest the baby should be fine, but I need to go for an ultrasound and blood work in a week from now.

I was about 4-5 weeks pregnant when I found out, making me about 6 weeks now. And slowly I could already feel the love I had for this baby that was a size of a bean right now and I could only hope that Riccardo will love the baby just as much.

''He will pay, I promise you that'' Riccardo brings me out of my thoughts.

I bury my head in his neck as he hugs me taking in his scent and enjoying the comfort he brings me.

''Let's go to sleep'' He then says and I nod my head as I watch him get up and get ready for bed.

Next morning

I woke up before Riccardo and went to the bathroom to take a well needed shower. As I stood under water I think about everything that is about to come. While I have been living here I have tried to study as much as I can to finish school as fast as I can. I entered my last year and I was sure that I wanted to finish it before the baby comes so I will need to look into it if I can take up some more studies and finish faster.

I got out of the shower and got dressed, today I will not lay around anymore and finally start doing something.

I went to go to Riccardo's office to do some studies there while he wasn't working as it was the only place in the house that was quite and made me concentrate on what I needed to do.

''Good morning'' I hear from the door and look up to see already dressed Riccardo.

''Hi'' I say back as he walks over to me and places a kiss on my lips.

''How long have you been up?'' He asks me looking at the laptop screen and seeing that I was studying.

''For like maybe 2 hours'' I reply while analyzing the picture on my laptop screen.

''Do you need me to go so you can work?'' I then break the eye contact with the picture and look at Riccardo.

''No, me and Dante are going to look over the shipments that are coming in today'' He slides his hand through his hair that made me turned on form the sight.

''Okay, but be careful, I need you back alive'' I demand him and he just lets out a laugh that makes me smile.

''Yes, boss'' He leans over the desk and gives me a kiss and then goes to walk out of the room.

I stay to study some more when suddenly I felt this sickness wash over me that I had to run to the bathroom to throw up. 'I can already tell this isn't gonna be an easy journey' I think to myself as I wash my face and brush my teeth.

I decide to take my studies to bed and stay here until I feel better again.

Few days later

It was the day of my ultrasound appointment and I got up extra early to get ready and leave before anyone sees me. I didn't want Riccardo to come with me this time as I was just going to confirm if the baby is okay. And I also didn't want to take anybody else as I wanted Riccardo be the first one to know about the baby. I could say that I was going to go show my wound and how it was healing but that wouldn't make sense when I would go into the OB-GYN's office.