Chapter 16

3 months later

I woke up in my room, sun shining on my face, not letting me to sleep for much longer. I looked out the window to see a street filled with white snow. It was December already. I get up to go make myself a cup of coffee and feed my cat that I had gotten to feel less lonely.

I had sold my apartment back in New York and bought a small one floor house here in Colorado, 15 minutes away from my parents house. It was small and cozy and I liked it a lot as it made me feel more at home than that apartment in New York. The first time I burned the fireplace in my new home I burned it with my wedding dress and I would lie saying that didn't feel good.

I also decided to get back into school and finish my degree in Veterinary medicine. As I entered mid-term I had a lot o f works to get caught up to and the first month I would study all day and night. I spent a lot of time at school and at home studying but I enjoyed it as it kept my mind of Riccardo.

'Oh Riccardo' I think to myself and smile while looking at the bracelet he gave me when I left. I also kept his shirt that I found myself sleeping in for the first month that I left. God I was miserable. I wouldn't talk to anybody first 2 weeks, my parent even called an ambulance on me once thinking I had killed myself because I didn't respond the whole day but actually I was just sleeping away my pain.

I talk with Bella every week and we have managed to keep a great friendship. She was the first one to see my new home because I FaceTimed her just a second after I got the key's to my house. We didn't talk about Riccardo, she kept her promise really well. I only heard the girl, his wife, scream Riccardo's name a couple of times in the background when he was hiding from her as Bella told me. Her name was Natasha and she was a really stupid. But that's about all I knew.

I ate some breakfast and got ready to leave to my parents house as it was a Saturday, and every Saturday we had a family lunch with all of us together. It felt nice to be with my family, I didn't tell them about Riccardo, besides my sister because she was eager to know who was the hot guy in one of my pictures on my phone.

I walk out and lock my door as I proceed to make my way through snow to my car. Yeah I also bought myself a car. It wasn't anything new but I liked it. I started the car and waited for it to warm up a little before I started to drive.

I drove to my parents house and went inside letting everyone know I was here.

''Hi sweetie, come in, everybody else is already here'' My mom tells me taking my jacket from me and hanging it on the hanger and I go to pull on my slippers. I walk into the room where my whole family was seated. I hug my sister and sit next to her. She and her husband were expecting their first baby which made me really happy soon to become auntie and it was a blessing to our whole family.

''How are you feeling?'' I ask her as I know pregnancy haven't been the easiest thing for her.

''I was really morning sick this morning but now I feel okay'' She tells me giving me a smile.

''That's good, i'm happy you feel better now'' I reply to her with a smile and then get back up to help my mom to serve the food. I could hear people talking and cutlery sound and that made me feel happy as I didn't feel as alone in these moments and were really grateful for my close family.

I sat back at the table and took some food on my plate and started to eat it as my family talked about the most random stuff and the room was filled with chatter and laughter.

Riccardo's POV:

The past two months have been nothing but hell. Natasha eating at my nerves everyday asking me for money. Honestly I was still surprised that I hadn't put a bullet through her head. Especially after she demanded I give her the room Haley was once staying in or the deal would be off so I had no choice to give in. Before Natasha came here I would go into that room only to still smell her perfume in the air which for a few seconds made me forget she wasn't here and then Natasha moved in and the smell soon was gone and replaced by Natasha's perfume.