Chapter 15

''You have to marry his daughter'' My dad tells me and I freeze at his words. 'Is he for real?'

''I can't, you know I am with Haley'' I tell him seeing the devastation in his face.

''I know son, but if you want to take their mafia you have to, at least for a couple of months while all the papers get signed and everything is put under our name.'' My dad tells me, but still a couple of months? That's a long time to be married to someone you don't even know.

''I don't know dad -'' I go to say when I get interrupted.

''Do it.'' Me and my dad look to see who it was, and of course it was no other that Haley.

''What?'' I ask her and she slowly enters the room and my heart breaks at her sad face.

''Do it, it's only a few months right? And you get to take over a mafia and make your own mafia bigger and better'' She says thinking as a mafia leader not as a human, which was the correct way for mafia to grow and keep up the appearance but it was mentally draining for the soul to give up life for what, money? Power?

''You will have to leave Haley and the girl will need to move in so it looks more realistic'' My dad says with a quite voice knowing it was hurting him to break us up but he also was thinking as a leader and knew what this alliance could bring to our mafia. I look at Haley and see tears wanting to form in her eyes but she has put a brave face on and tries to be strong for me.

''I'll leave'' Haley says with her voice breaking while she doesn't break eye contact with me.

''Don't do this Haley'' I beg her to not hurt herself and me.

''No, you have to do this, these guys are your family and they are counting on you. Who am I, you have only known me for a month, you don't get to give up on your mafia family for me.'' She states.

My dad stands up and leaves giving me and Haley some space. I walk over to her and take her in my arms. As soon as I hug her, her tears start to fall down like a waterfall making my shirt wet, I've never seen her this broken and it broke me, I wanted to take her pain away, I hated seeing her this way.

''Amore please don't make me do this'' I whisper to her, begging for her to just ask me to choose her and not to go trough with this agreement but I know she cared too much about me and my friends who's life was all about mafia and she would rather die than let anything happen to us.

She sobs in my chest digging her nails in my back trying to feel me up. And then suddenly the tears stop and she pulls away. She looks in my eyes with hers red and full of pain. Pain that I was causing.

''I'm gonna go pack my bags and buy a plane ticket'' She tells me and walks out of the room emotionless.

I turn around and push everything that was on my desk to the ground, I trash the room hoping it would make me feel better but it doesn't. I sit on the floor grabbing my head and pulling my hair trying to distract the pain I felt in my chest. I don't want her to leave, for her to hurt.

Haley's POV:

I go into once called our bedroom and slide down the wall as I break into tears. I've never felt pain like this, even when George left me it didn't feel that bad, yeah it hurt, but this. This was killing me and I couldn't see tomorrow or any other day after that. I had decided I was gonna go home, I won't be able to be here in Europe, feel so close to him but know there was another girl he was getting married to even if it was an arranged marriage. I had to put an ocean between us.

I hear Paulina scream somewhere in the hallway at her husband, I guess she had found out what was happening.

I get up and open my laptop, I look at nearest flight to New York and The closest one was tomorrow so I book it, not believing I was actually going home. I got my hopes up, because I already had started imagining my life here in Italy with Riccardo.