Chapter 2

Four months later

I was sitting in a small cafe in the big city of New York. I liked this cafe, it was quite, which was really rare in New York, because all you could hear was traffic and people, it also wasn't too crowded in here and the coffee here was amazing. It reminded me of home.

''Can I get you anything else?'' The bartender asked me.

''No thanks, Mike, I'm good'' I replied.

''So how's things, how are you feeling?'' He asked me.

Me and Mike had been friends for some time already. I come here really often and he works here so over the time and couple of coffee's we became friends. I really started to come here when George left me at the altar.

''I'm fine, i'm thinking on going on a trip, to take a break and see that there's more to this world than this big big and sad city.'' I said as I was looking at travel blogs on my laptop.

''That's great, where are u planning to go?'' Mike asked me while wiping coffee cups that were freshly washed.

''Europe, possibly.'' I replied not taking my eyes off of my computer screen.

''Wow, that's quite the distance, why so far?'' Mike stopped for a second to look at my face trying to understand if I was being serious.

'' I don't know, I haven't been there before, people do say you have to go there at least once in your life'' I tell him shrugging my shoulders.

''That's true, so for how long am I not gonna see you?" He asks with a hint of sadness in his voice.

'' It's hard to tell, a month, maybe two'' I said realising I didn't really think for how long I wanted to leave.

He laughed as he put down the clean coffee cup he had been wiping our entire conversation and went to a costumer that had just came in.

I stared at my laptop screen. 'Europe could really suit me' I thought to myself. I also thought if I should take somebody with me, that probably would be the best choice. But I really feel like doing something on my own, after all the past 4 years everything I did was with George, but after he left me, I had to start doing things by myself, even grocery shopping felt wrong for the first couple of weeks. I know much time hasn't passed, it's been only four months, but I need something in my life that will give me adrenaline and make me feel alive again, and get me out of this on going routine. It's time I stop feeling sorry for myself.

I shut my laptop and pulled out money to pay for my coffee.

''Bye, Mike!'' I shouted and left the cafe.

I was walking to my home, in the busy streets of this big city. I swear no matter what's the weather or what time of the day, there's always people out here on the streets running some places they need to be. I honesty was exhausted of New York, I never really wanted to live here, I never really craved to live in a big city, but it was George's dream city, he loved New York and wanted to spend his life here. I enjoy my small hometown, the people there are all nice, there is no rush, and the best thing is, that my family is right there, close to me. Here I have nobody, I had Gorge but he left without a message and who even knows where he is now.

Later that night

I tried to sleep, but my mind kept thinking about this trip. It was around 2am and my body was itching, but not a mosquito type of itchy, but the one who makes you want to crawl out of your skin. I needed to get out of here, everything reminds me of George here, and I hate it, I hate him for making me come to this city and then leaving me. I took my laptop and bought one way ticket to Paris. My trip is gonna start there. I had to leave in 12 hours. Shit. What am I doing? Is this the right thing?

I jumped up from my bed and started packing everything, I packed for hot sandy beaches and cold snowy mountains. I was trying to find my swimsuits that I had kept in a box in my closet, as I tried to reach for it all the boxes fell and there was my wedding dress. I started to cry. I questioned everything, why did George leave me? Was I really not good enough? Why didn't he just tell me he wants to end things before the wedding day came?

I picked myself up and put the wedding dress back in the box. I didn't realize how much time had passed, it was already 8am, it was time to leave. I lived pretty far from the airport so it would take me some time to get there, I  hope I don't miss my flight.

1pm

I had arrived to the airport and had went trough all the security checks. I was waiting for my plane and was passing time sitting on Instagram I came over my sister's new post. ''Shit'' I said to myself, as I remembered that I forgot to tell anyone that I'm leaving. I immediately called my mom. It went straight to her voicemail.

''Hi mom, I don't have much time to explain, but I'm leaving to Paris, I don't know when I'm coming back, but I don't want you to stress, I'm gonna be just fine, I need this mom, I hope you understand. Oh! And tell Amelia too! Bye mom, I love you.''

I ended the message and put my phone in my jeans back pocket and went to board the plane.

Booking the plane tickets I didn't really consider seating options and just bought the first ticket that appeared. I got the middle seat. I hate the middle seat. This is gonna be a long, annoying flight.