Chapter 14

''Riccardo Andrea Lucarelli come meet you mother and father'' I hear a women scream from the top of the stairs and I look up at her to see the woman I had seen in the picture frame of Riccardo's desk. His mom. I find myself holding my breath as I was about to meet Riccardo's parents. The woman came down the stairs sun shining on her making her look like an angel who was coming from the sky. She had shoulder length brown hair and the biggest smile on her face when seeing her son.

''Riccardo!'' She said with an Italian accent and pulling him into a hug.

''Mom, what are you doing here?'' Riccardo asks her, feeling just as uncomfortable as me.

''Do I need a reason to come see my children Andrea?'' She says to Riccardo calling him by his middle name making her sound really serious.

''Ahhh, you must be Haley, Isabella told me so much about you'' She then looks my way and gives me a hug which I return.

''Mom don't be embarrassing'' Riccardo says feeling clearly embarrassed which only makes me laugh because I have never seen him like this and it makes me happy knowing he had a good relationship with his family.

''Aureliano come downstairs and meet your son and his girlfriend'' She then screams up the stairs making me freeze to her words 'his girlfriend?'.I looked over at Riccardo to see his reaction but he just gave me a sad look as if saying sorry for his parents showing up without a notice.

Then I see a man appear at the top of the stairs and walking down giving a small smile to me and Riccardo. He looked intimidating, with few battle scars on his arms. He goes to hug Riccardo and then comes over to me and kisses my hand.

''It's nice to meet you Haley'' He then says grabbing his wife by the waist and pulling her closer to him.

''The pleasure is all mine Mr. and Mrs. Lucarelli'' I say shyly.

''Oh stop it, you can call us by our names'' Riccardo's mom tells me and I smile.

She then proceeds to meet the men who had returned with us as if they were family too.

''Come, let's sit down and talk'' Paulina says to me and leads me and Bella to the kitchen.

''So tell me how is my son treating you?'' she asks me.

''He's really nice, he makes me feel like a queen'' I tell a little embarrassed to talk these things with his mother but I guess Italians were really open people and it didn't seem weird for them so I tried to hide that I felt a little uncomfortable.

''Awwww'' Bella expresses at my world as if they had melted them.

''You're from New York right?'' Paulina asks me with sparkle in her eyes dreading to know as much as she can about his son's first 'girlfriend'.

''Yeah I live there now, but my hometown is in Colorado and I plan to move back there'' I tell her.

''You're not planning on staying in Italy?'' She asks me with a confused look and looks at Bella who just shrugs her shoulders.

''I don't know yet, I would love to live here but me and Riccardo haven't reached that step in our relationship yet to discuss the living options'' I tell her not even knowing what we really are, his mom and dad thinks we are together but he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend so I guess we are just friends with benefits now. I think to myself not liking the sound of that.

''I''m sure he would love for you to stay here, it's not like he doesn't have space for more people here'' Riccardo's mom tells me and Bella agrees with a slight laugh and shaking her head 'yes'.

Riccardo and his dad then enters the room and us girls are forced to stop our girl talk as they are now present. Riccardo walks over behind me and hugs me and I see as his mom and sister melts at the sight of us and I would be a liar if this doesn't make me happy, him claiming me as his in front of his family. Maybe he does feel something more to me than just basic attraction.

''Is my family not bothering you?'' Riccardo asks me quietly by my ear and I shake my head 'no'.

''Come on, let's go out in the garden, it's a beautiful day out'' His mom says and we all follow her lead out of the house into the garden. Me and Bella sit down on a bench when all the guys went to throw a ball around. It made me happy to see Riccardo loosen up when his parents got here and enjoy his youth with his friends. Paulina was walking around and admiring the rose garden.

''So tell me everything'' Bella asks me dreading to know everything.

''Well we took care of Tio, he shouldn't bother your family anymore'' I tell her trying to avoid the real question.

She rolls her eyes at me ''You know I didn't mean that, tell me about you and my brother, spill'' She says standing her ground and making sure she wasn't gonna back up until I tell her everything.

''He took me on a date'' I tell her feeling butterflies arise in my stomach of the memory and Bella squeals in exitment.

''AND?'' She asks me not being able to wait for me to continue.

I tell her everything from the magical dinner to how we went to see Mike and Riccardo told me that Mike had a crush on me, to going to my apartment after my stuff. But I didn't tell her about sex of course as it felt weird to discuss those things with his sister.

''Oh my God. You guys had sex!'' She says so loud I got scared that everybody heard her but when I look around everyone was doing their thing and I let out the breath I was holding knowing it was only me who heard her.

''What makes you think that?'' I tell her not wanting to agree with her assumption.

''I just know you did'' She tells me raising her eyebrows and crossing her arms.

''I am not discussing my sex life with your brother with you, you are his sister, how does these things not gross you out?'' I tell her with a slight smile and sarcasm in my voice.

''Fine, but I know what two of you did'' She cheers and I roll my eyes at her.

I look over to look at Riccardo who had a big smile on his face making me really happy seeing him so relaxed and acting like there was no mafia in this world and he was just a normal guy with extreme looks.

The guys then come over to us as they take a break from them fighting and messing around. Riccardo looks at me and gives me a smile and leans in to give me a quick kiss on the lips. Bella melting at the sight.

''Ewww get a room you two'' Kris then says with disgust on his face and the rest of us laugh at him.

Riccardo wraps his hand around my neck and I wrap mine around his waist and we all walk inside the house. Guys rush to the kitchen to get some water. Riccardo stops me before we enter the kitchen.

''I'm sorry for my parents showing up so suddenly, I didn't know they were gonna be here'' He tells me feeling bad.

''Riccardo it's okay, I'm happy I met your parents, they are very sweet people'' I tell him caressing his cheek and giving him a kiss. And then we hear his dad calling him in the distance, Riccardo mouths 'Thank you' to me ans goes to go over to his father who had almost reached us.

''Riccardo can I speak to you?'' I hear Aureliano ask his son and Riccardo nods and they both walk up to his office.

Riccardo's POV:

My dad asked to speak to me and we went up to my office leaving Haley with my mother.

''What is it dad?'' I ask him curious about what he wanted to talk to me about.

''I have some bad news for you son'''He tells me and I feel worry build up inside of me.

''Is it something with mom?'' My firsts though go to her, that she was sick or in danger.

''No, it's Mafia business'' He tells me and I sigh in relief.

''We have a really good offer, to take over all the Kovalevski's mafia as Ivan is stepping down and he doesn't have anyone who would like to take over for him'' He tells me.

''How is it bad, I don't understand?'' I ask him curious as to why these were bad news.

''There's a catch'' He tells me with worry in his voice. There's always a catch.

''what is it?'' I ask him dreading his answer.

''You have to marry his daughter'' My dad tells me and I freeze at his words. 'Is he for real?'