Hidden Sorrow (Part 2)

Things are far from improving. It took a few hours for the guppies to get back to Gil. Molly, Goby, Deema, and Oona were worried about their friends. They were gathered outside the school after a long day.

"Do you think Gil will be fine? He did not tell us what he intended to do. But he looked very upset" Goby said.

"I don't know, Goby. Gilly can act very rashly. He tends to be carried away by feelings" Molly commented.

"Uh...oh....Look!" Deema was surprised. The rest looked where Deema pointed out. They were scared with what they saw. It was Gil. He was beaten and with a black eye.

"Ugh....My entire body" Gil complained.

"What happened, Gilly?" Molly was the most worried in this moment.

"Ugh...I did something stupid" Gil confessed.

"What happened? What did you do?" Deema asked.

"Well....emmmm....I wanted to teach that Nate a lesson. That he shouldn't mess with Nonny. But I didn't expect him to be so strong" Gil answered.

"But why did you do it? You are not a violent boy" Molly asked.

"(sigh) I know. But.....It bothers me a lot that people abuse those who matter to me. I got carried away by the moment of anger...Now I know that was stupid" Gil explained.

"Yes ... that was not your best idea. Gil, we will do something about it. We also care about Nonny as much as you do. But there are other ways to fix the problems ... Isn't it?" Goby said. The rest nodded. But somebody decided to left them.

"Oona?!" The four guppies asked.

"Guys.....I think I'll take care of this. I'm the only person Nonny trusts" Oona expressed.

"But Oona.....You tried it early" Deema intervene.

"Let me do it alone. This is a matter of partner. You more than anyone know about that. So let me do it alone, I can't depend on you always" Oona said. The rest didn't like the idea. But they understood her position.

"All right. But remember...We will always be for all of you" Molly said "Come on, Gilly! You must be recovered"

The group decided to leave Oona at her request. They went to help Gil in his recovery from the beating that Nate and his friends gave him. Oona decided to go to Nonny's house. She was received by Nonny's mother. Oona was blessed that Nonny's parents loved her, so she had no problem with her in-laws. She allowed Oona to go to Nonny's room (that he was doing some chores). Nonny upon hearing that Oona was at home, he decided to save the chore he was doing and let his girlfriend enter.

"Oh...hello, Sweetie Pie! I did not expect this visit ... Is something wrong?" Nony asked her.

"Nonny....We have to talk...." Oona said a little serious.

"Okay....What is it?" Nonny asked confused.

"Listen to me. I know something bad is happening to you. And you don't want to tell me. You can't lie to me, I know you more than anyone. I can help you, but you won't allow me" Oona explained.

"I honestly don't know what you're talking about" Nonny answered.

"You ... don't trust me ... Don't you? Nonny, I know what's wrong with you ... All guppies know. What's the matter with you? Why don't you trust your friends? Why you do not trust me? Relationships are based on trust. I trust you as you cannot imagine it, but you do it with me ... This relationship cannot work this way" Oona explained a little sad.

"Oona.....Don't tell me what you plan to do what I think you will do" Nonny was worried.

"I love you more than you think. And yes, it will hurt. But if you don't trust me, what can I expect from you? Nonny ... even if it hurts ... I think we should ... take some time to think about our relationship" Oona proposed.