Bubble Guppies Falling Apart (Part 2)

The following days did not help calm Nonny's insecurities. Although the relationship with Oona was fine, Nonny felt that she preferred to be with Goby. It seems the doubts were only getting stronger. He wanted to talk about it with someone ... but with whom? Molly and Gil seemed to be busy with each other and it wouldn't be comfortable talking to Oona or Goby. Nonny would look bad. There was only one trustworthy person left ... and that person seemed to be available. Without wasting any more time, Nonny met Deema in a cafeteria. He felt that if he invited her to eat something, that would be more polite than just talking about his personal problems.

"What's up, Nonners!" Deema answered exciting like always.

"Hi!" Nonny just greeted her.

"It is very kind of you to invite me to lunch" Deema commented.

"It's nothing. We are friends" Nonny said.

"Euh...Nonny....It is not normal that you have invited me to eat like this. Don't get me wrong but you and I don't usually go out together unless the others are there. Is there something you want to talk about?" Deema asked confused. Nonny stayed quiet for a moment.

"(sigh) Sorry. I don't want to make you feel like I'm only looking for you when I'm in trouble" Nonny confessed.

"Do not worry. We are friends. Tell me what's wrong with you" Deema told him.

"Well....You know Oona. You are the person who knows her the most besides me. Do you think ... that she really loves me?" Nonny asked nervously.

"What is that question about? It's obvious that she loves you ... Oh ... Don't tell me that ..." Deema started to worry.

"I am still confused. She seems to feel better with Goby than with me. I want to trust her but ... I don't know ... I don't even know what to tell you" Nonny was sad.

"I see....You know? I also feel worried. Goby and I don't go out as much as before. And he's been with Oona for a long time. She is my friend and I know she wouldn't do me anything wrong ... but it's been a long time and we have to put a stop to it" Deema explained.

"We have to do something. If we talk about it with them, they will take it very badly" Nonny said.

"Mmmmm I have an idea. It is very crazy but I think it will work" Deema smiled mischievously

"What is it?" Nonny asked nervously.

"It is the oldest trick in the world. Let's make Oona and Goby jealous of us. Let's start dating as friends. They will notice that and both will have to come back to us" Deema sentenced.

"I don't think it's a good idea. I've seen that in movies, books, novels and series and it NEVER ends well" Nonny advised her.

"Come on, Nonners! Everything will be faked. It doesn't mean that you and I fall in love or something. It will only be to provoke Goby and Oona" Deema proposed.

"I don't know. I think we should talk to Gil and Molly. They are a very stable couple" Nonny intervene.

"Most likely, they are so busy in their relationship that they have already pushed us aside. So we are alone in this. Do you accept or not?" Deema asked.

"(sigh) I think I will regret this but ... Let's do this" Nonny accepted Deema's plan, even though that sounded very stupid. Both decided to apply that plan. Unbeknownst to them, someone watched everything that happened.

A few days later.

"Nonny, do you want us to do something together after school?" Oona asked shyly.

"Maybe another time, Oona. I promised Deema that I would help her with an important matter" Nonny answered.