Mark Cohen- Baby (c)

It was meant to be the happiest moment of your life, but you couldn't help but wish to curse the world for what had happened. You had been in a relationship with Mark for a few years and in an ideal world, you would have been beyond happy to be starting a family with him but in your reality, it was almost a hellish outcome. Neither of you had a stable income and lived with a roommate to attempt to cover the bills as best as you could but even between the three of you it was rare, you'd be able to pay all of your bills and feed yourselves, let alone all of the costs that came with pregnancy, birth and raising a child.

You spent near to an hour crying in the bathroom before you phoned your doctors to confirm if the test had been right- it was. You didn't want to even tell Mark, hoping that it would just make it disappear, but you knew that it was impossible. Whether you liked it or not, you had to be honest with Mark and figure everything out from there.

With tears in your eyes you returned to your loft, knowing that Roger would be out, giving you a chance to speak to Mark in some form of privacy. As soon as your boyfriend saw your tearful face, he questioned what happened a couple of times until you were able to let the words escape you.

"I'm pregnant."

His face was filled with nothingness. You couldn't read his expression and that scared you more than if he had been hateful towards you.

"I don't know what we're going to do," you croaked.

Mark snapped out of his daze and wrapped his arms around you to try and bring comfort to the two of you.

"I don't know, darling, I don't know," he whispered, pressing a gentle kiss to your forehead.

The two of you stood there for a moment letting the mixed feelings rush through you.

"How are we meant to bring a baby into this world?" You frowned. "We can barely pay for our own food, let alone everything a baby will need."

Mark moved a hand to cup your cheek. "I know. But if you want to keep the baby, then we are going to work this out, and if you don't then we will also work it out. Maybe we should speak to someone about our options before we make a decision."

You nodded your head, tears erupting from your eyes once again.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.