Mark Cohen- Jealous (c)

Being with Mark was some of the happiest moments you had ever had. You loved him whole heartedly and was excited for what the future held for the two of you. There was only one problem in the relationship, and it wasn't even directly in the relationship. Mark's ex-girlfriend, Maureen, was the problem. She had cheated on Mark and started to date a woman, Joanne, who herself was lovely, and you got along with well, but she didn't seem to enjoy the idea that Mark could be happy with anyone other than her.

They had done their best to stay friends, as that was what they were before dating but it became harder and harder with every remark and action, she made about you. She always had something bitter to say about you, whether that be your appearance, how you acted or simply how unalike the two of you were.

She had turned up at the loft unannounced, as she had recently started to do, even after Mark had asked her several times to not do so. She had made herself at home on the sofa, leaving you to sit on the arm of the chair beside your boyfriend. Clearly, she didn't have a purpose for being there but that didn't mean she wasn't making the most of conversing with the man she had cheated on.

When she had arrived, you had both been in your pyjamas and still wore them as you sat awkwardly with the woman.

"Those pyjamas are cute," Maureen commented, gesturing to the pink pyjamas with pig faces over them that you wore.

"Thank you," you said, taken off guard at a compliment from her as you couldn't remember her ever doing so before.

"It looks like something a third grader would wear," she laughed to herself. "Mark, do you remember that black lacy number I had? It was always your favourite."

It wasn't the worst thing she had said to you, but it had been one too many comments and had pushed Mark over the edge.

"Why do you always have to be such a bitch?"

Both Maureen and you were taken aback by his question.

"Excuse me?" She said.

"Why are you so jealous?" He asked. "That's the only reason I can think for why you are so horrible to Y/N. You didn't even know her before you started making comments about her. Did you think I was just going to sit around to be your back up option?"

"I'm not jealous," she huffed, letting her tone contradict her words.

"Please leave," Mark stated. "And don't bother coming back until you can apologise to Y/N and realise that I am the happiest I have ever been with her, and one of the many reasons for that is because she is nothing like you."

Maureen waited a second to see if he was being serious but when he picked up her hand bag and thrust it towards the door, she got the hint.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.