Roger Davis- Distraction (c)

Although you were supposed to be reading a book, you found yourself distracted by the strumming of a guitar and careful scratching of the pencil against the sheet music. Roger was attempting to write a song, something he'd been trying to do for as long as you could remember but by the lack of expletives you were sure it was going better than usual. You couldn't help but smile at him as his long blond hair fell into his face as he plucked at the strings on his old and well-loved guitar.

Roger scribbled something else down on his paper before looking up through his fringe to see you. He had a gentle and loving smile on his face as he went back to work, playing something that resembled an actual tune. When he looked up again, his finger missed the correct string, making an unpleasant noise, making Roger wince.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Roger questioned.

Quickly you hid your face behind you book, pretending to be distracted by the words on the page until you heard the guitar again. Once more you peaked above the book, to smile at the man you loved doing something he loved dearly. You weren't too subtle though. Roger noticed and played the wrong note again, forcing a sigh out of his lips.

"Please stop smiling at me. I keep messing up when you look at me like that," he sighed.

"Sorry," you smiled coyly, putting you book down on the coffee table, so he could clearly see your smile and adoring gaze.

Roger rolled his eyes and attempted to continue but struggled to keep a tune as he kept catching your eye.

"Is it your aim to distract me?" He asked.

"No," you said softly. "It's not my fault that you look so handsome when you're focusing. I can't take my eyes off of you."

He cocked an eyebrow at you. "You're terribly cheesy."

You moved seat, so that you were now sat next to him on the sofa, one of your hands resting a top of his knee.

"You're lucky I enjoy being distracted by you," he smiled, leaning in to kiss you. "I'm never going to get this done, am I?"

"You will one day. But I think for today, maybe playing an old song that I love could be in order?" You offered.

"Anything for you," he smiled, pulling you closer to him, still allowing enough room to play the guitar for you before starting to play a song that you loved dearly.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request