Roger Davis- Bet (c)

You had been dating Roger for over a year, and due to the financial issues you both faced, you had ended up quickly moving in with him and his roommate Mark. It hadn't been the most conventional of ways to go about things but it had worked out well for the two of you and you wouldn't change it for the world.

Currently their old roommate Collins was staying with you and although you didn't know him very well, you did your best to make him feel welcome seen as this loft had once been his home. The three men were deep in conversation when you excused yourself to go to the bathroom. Once you had finished and washed your hands, you went to exit the bathroom but the conversation from the living area caught your attention.

"I knew betting on Y/N was going to be beneficial," Collins chuckled.

"You've got to thank Roger for that," Mark added.

You didn't have the full story but just hearing your name and a bet coming from your boyfriend's two closest friends led to you exiting the bathroom and staring dumbfoundedly at the men.

"I was a bet?" You questioned, your voice hoarse and painful.

"Y/N," Roger started.

Just from his tone and facial expression, you had received your answer and you didn't want to hear anymore. Without any thought you turned towards the front door and exited into the hall trying to get as far away from the man you had thought you'd have a future with.

"Y/N," he called after you.

You heard your name a couple of times before he had caught up with you and grabbed hold of your hand, stopping you in your tracks.

"It's not what you think," he stated.

You shook your head. "Please tell me I wasn't a bet."

He let out a sigh. "Not in the way you think."

Something inside of you snapped at his comment. The tears you had tried to contain had begun to fall and you lost your patience and temper.

"In what way is me being a bet a good thing?"

"I didn't make a bet about you. They did," he sighed. "I know that doesn't sound any better but I wasn't involved. Collins and Mark made a bet the night we met to see if you would say yes to a date. Collins thought you would and Mark didn't. That's all it was. I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want you to think I was that much of a loser that my friends bet on if I can even get a date."

You tried to stifle your tears, your breath hitching in your throat.

"That's all?" You whispered. "That's all the bet was?"

Roger nodded his head, taking hold of your other hand as well. "I promise I would never do anything to hurt you. I love you."

"I'm sorry for overreacting," you croaked. "I love you too."

He offered you a gentle smile, pulling you into a tight embrace, mentally preparing himself to tell off the other two men for even bringing up the bet after all this time.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.