Maureen Johnson- Cruel (c)

You unlocked the front door that used to bring your great joy to come home to. You loved your home, it had so many memories, however this would be probably the last time you'd ever be back. You hoped you'd silently made your way into the house, but the jingling of your keyrings on your keys did make you doubt that fact. Closing the door, you heard scurrying in your bedroom, before the door swung open to show the woman you didn't want to see.

Maureen was a beautiful woman, at least on the outside. Inside she was cruel and harsh and was willing to break you down to nothing just to build herself up again. You had always known she was cruel, that she would never hide her affections for others and that she enjoyed seeing you get hurt. Sadly, you loved her, you stood by her through thick and thin, but it had become too painful to continue.

You weren't sure how last night had escalated, but it ended with Maureen assuring you that she never wanted to see you again and your relationship wasn't going anywhere. It hurt but it seemed inevitable that this would occur soon enough. You had hastily left to go and stay at your sister's house that wasn't too far away, but you came back in the morning to get some of your stuff until you could get help to move everything.

Maureen stood in the doorway, her underwear clearly visible, her gown too shear and too short for it to be used to hide anything. She knew know to use her body to get what she wanted, but the charm had been broken for you now.

"Y/N," she smiled slyly. "I didn't expect to see you today."

"Because you told me we weren't worth the effort or because you told me you never wanted to see me again?" You asked bitterly.

Her expression faltered for a second before she smiled again at you, this time it was a different smile, but one you were equally as familiar with. She only ever did the smile when she was in the wrong.

"What I said last night was not the truth," she said softly reaching a hand out to touch your arm. "I don't think I'm capable of being truthful."

You let out a sigh, feeling yourself falter.

"I know you struggle with the truth Maureen, but that certainly doesn't make everything you have done right," you stated firmly.

She rubbed your arm gently.

"Can't we just talk about it?" She asked, jutting her bottom lip out in a pout.

"There's nothing to talk about Maureen. At least not now. You hurt me, and I can't cope being here with you, not yet. I'm going to grab some stuff and I'll call you in a couple of days," you frowned.

"Please Y/N," she whined.

You shook your head. "You can't bat your eyes and pucker your lips and get me to fall at your feet this time. You need to think about what you said and realise you hurt me Maureen. You hurt me a heck of a lot. So, I need a couple of days to think about whether this is right for me. And you should do the same. If you cannot commit to me, and cut back the snide comments and being cruel, then we will have a chat."

With that you walked into your shared room, closing the door behind you so that you could gather your stuff in piece and get out of the house before she convinced you otherwise.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request