Roger Davis- Work (c)

Even though you worked night shifts, you had made a habit of going to bed with your boyfriend Roger at the reasonable time that he would go to bed at, cuddle up for a little while before you got changed into your uniform and headed out to suffer the hours of work before you could return after the sun had risen. You had spent the day in your pyjamas, having slept for a good chunk of it due to it being your version of night-time, so when you crawled back into the bed to join Roger, you felt dread that you would be leaving again soon.

You curled up in Roger's arms talking about his day and general chit chat before you could see he was starting to drift off and the alarm clock on the bedside table was telling you that you needed to start getting ready if you were to get to work on time. You pulled the quilt off of you, draping the excess on top of your boyfriend and tried to slip out of the bed without disturbing him too much. As you started to stand up from the mattress, your hand was caught within the warm embrace of Roger's, who looked up at you with bleary eyes.

"Where do you think you're going?" He muttered, attempting to seem stern but his tiredness was making that an unlikely state for him to be in.

"I've got to go to work," you stated, reluctantly pulling your hand from within his. "Believe me, wish that I could stay in bed with you, but I need to go earn money so that we can attempt to heat this loft for at least one day this winter."

Roger frowned as you used the minimal moonlight that came through the window to manoeuvre your way over to the chair in the corner that had last nights uniform thrown over it. You pulled off your pyjamas and begun to try and dress yourself without mis-aligning the buttons on your blouse, not that any piece of your uniform seemed to be modest enough for you to go out in the daytime.

"I'm going to miss you," he said. "I wish you didn't go to work at that bar."

You shrugged your shoulders. "If there were more jobs on the market, I would happily do anything else. It's not my idea of fun to have men ogling me but at least it pays."

You made your way over to Roger's side of the bed and pressed a gentle kiss to his forehead before wishing him a goodnight sleep and heading off to work until morning.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.