Roger Davis- Proposal (c)

Everyone had headed to a party for New Year's Eve, now heading back to the loft where you lived with your boyfriend Roger and his best friend Mark. Mimi had her arm wrapped around you as you walked down the road towards the loft, everyone merry and happy together. As you walked together, Mark joined you, resting a hand on your shoulder.

"Roger wants you," he smiled.

Maureen and Joanne were walking ahead of you all, Angel and Collins at the back of the group, whilst Mark had been beside Roger until he joined you and Mimi. You turned around, expecting to see your boyfriend stood there but he wasn't. Your gaze moved down to see him on the floor. Roger was down on one knee, a smile on his face as he offered you his hand.

"Why are you on the floor, did you fall?" You asked, rather confused.

"Take my hand," he smiled, ignoring the question that you had asked him.

You cocked an eyebrow at him. "Why?"

Why on earth would he want you to hold his hand? He was on the floor and all he asked for was you to hold his hand. How peculiar.

Roger let out a sigh, running one hand through his messy light hair.

"I'm trying to ask you to marry me! So, take my damned hand."

Instantly your cheeks became red as you realised you had messed up a perfectly cute and lovely moment that could have gone so well. You loved Roger dearly and knew you wanted a future with him, but this certainly wasn't how you expected his proposal.

"I'm so sorry Roger," you said awkwardly. "I didn't realise. I thought you'd fallen over."

He let out a laugh, taking your hand within his so he could raise it to his lips. Roger looked up at you with a loving look in his eyes and a smile on his lips.

"I'd have never expected it to go smoothly," he commented. "However, that doesn't change the fact that I want to marry you. You are the love of my life and always will be and although marriage isn't needed to prove that, I'd like the world to know you are the woman that has my heart. So, Y/N, will you marry me?"

You couldn't help the grin on your face as you bent down to cup his cheeks and kiss him passionately.

"Of course I want to marry you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.