Mimi Marquez- Good And Bad (c)

Your hand ran through her hair as Mimi lay out across the bed, her skin paler than normal and a bucket half filled with today's lunch placed on the floor. She wiped her mouth, throwing the tissue into the bucket, turning away from it so that you could continue to play with her hair to keep her calm.

"It's going to be okay Mimi," you said softly. "Everything will end up being okay."

She let out a sigh, letting her hand search to hold yours as she rolled to face you. She had tired, bloodshot eyes and little energy left in her body. Only the shell of Mimi Marquez remained as she thought against her addiction and tried to lose her reliance. It was hard for her and you saw her struggle every single day with trying to survive the hell her body was putting her through for not giving it the drugs that it desired so much.

"Nothing is ever okay with me," she sighed. "I'm a mess."

Shaking your head, you tried to give her a weak smile. Although it was a hell for her, it tore at you to see the woman that you loved in such a vulnerable place with so much pain. You wished with every ounce of your being that you could make the pain go away and bring a smile back to her face; all that you could do was support her and help her in any way that you could.

"You're not a mess. Everything is going to be alright and good again," you assured her. "I am going to be here for anything you need Mimi, all you have to do is ask."

She frowned up at you. "Honestly, I don't need someone who sees the good in me. I need someone who sees the bad in me and still wants me."

You leaned down to press a kiss to her sweaty forehead. Since you had met you knew she wasn't perfect, no one was. She had her vices and she lost to them more than some but that didn't make her inherently a bad person. You were more than aware of the bad things she'd done and the bad things that were a part of her but that didn't stop you loving her, it made you love her more.

"Mimi, I've always been here through the bad and the good, seeing you when you're low or when the bad shows it's face, even if it is often, it doesn't make me love you any less. I love you because even with the bad, you still hold onto the good," you smiled softly.

She weakly smiled up at you, squeezing your hand gently.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.