Angel Dumott Schunard- Snow (h)

It was safe to say that Christmas was your favourite time of year, and it was definitely a good thing that Angel shared your love.

Your apartment had a habit of looking as if Santa himself had thrown up decorations everywhere.

Needless to say, the Christmas day celebrations were always at yours and Angel's place because you all wanted your friends there, but your apartment was also decorated to the nines which your friends enjoyed.

The Christmas season always came with cold weather which some people weren't all too fond of, however you loved it.

Granted, when the heat was cut off it wasn't exactly the most enjoyable time.

Yours and Angel's living room was practically the definition of cosy – a basket full of blankets, cushions everywhere, candles scattered around, and some fairy lights up on the shelving unit.

Angel was curled up on the sofa, almost fast asleep, with a record playing softly in the background.

You couldn't help but smile at the peaceful look on Angel's face as she gently dozed away.

As you made your way over to the sofa, you placed to mugs of hot chocolate on the coffee table and then sat down as carefully as you could so as to not wake her up.

Angel automatically reached out from under the blanket to hold your hand before turning to you with a smile on her face.

"I smelt the hot chocolate."

You returned her smile, rubbing your thumb over the back of her hand.

"Did you put marshmallows in it?"

Jokingly rolling your eyes, you answered her. "Of course, I did – we don't have any whipped cream though so you're going to have to go without."

She pouted at you. "Can't you go get some?"

"I've made the hot chocolate now," you told her. "Not to mention the blizzard outside."

"I really want to go out in the snow."

You giggled at her words. "Sweetheart, as much as I love you, we are not going outside in a blizzard."

"But you love the snow!"

"Yes, I love the snow but not when it is swirling around me and I can't see."

She smiled, before sitting up and reaching forward for her mug.

"It does set the mood for the season though."

"You say that every year," she sipped at her hot chocolate as she spoke.

You shrugged at her words. "It's true every year."

After putting her mug back down, Angel leaned forward to kiss you gently. "It's another year that I've got to spend with you."

~*~

Written by Hannah.