| thirty one ; the death of christopher reed

the shadow in the light

chapter thirty one; the death of christopher reed

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

in the opulent mansion owned by one of the national authority rank hunters, christopher reed, it was deadly silent.

he had woken up in the middle of the night, finding it strange that it was completely silent. it should've been bustling with some sort of noise as usual.

christopher got off his bed and exited his room, picking up his robe. he wordlessly stared at the empty corridor before grabbing a wine glass left on the table.

he threw it in the corridor, and it shattered into bits and pieces. and yet, there was still no noise.

at that moment, a powerful chill crawled up his spine. he realised that something that couldn't happen had happened.

his sharpened senses were sending out warning bells and were warning him of a danger that he had never experienced before.

before he realised it, three people were surrounding him. one in front and two behind.

the first person he saw slowly turned around. it was a blonde man with a bright smile. his hands were even tucked in his pockets - a display of utter leisure.

"who are you people?" questioned christopher.

the blondie spoke up, "you won't be able to save anything if you keep fighting while trying to help the humans, fragment of the brilliant light."

the blondie's voice sounded truly bizarre as if it didn't even belong to the world in the first place.

monster language?! christopher thought as his brows shot up high.

"what the hell are you saying?!" christopher asked, clearly agitated.

the blondie raised his finger and pressed it against his lips, "shh... i'm not talking to you."

[a/n: the iron body monarch is hot but he was so irrelevant to the story i didn't know he died until i researched it lmfao]

this time, the blondie spoke in english for christopher to understand him. his finger then pointed to the sky.

"i'm talking to the man up there connected to you."

"don't take me for a damn pushover," christopher stated.

crimson light exploded forth from his eyes and soon, vicious flames began whipping all over his body. christopher's figure became crimson as he grew larger.

"i'm taking at least one of you down with me," christopher said.

"spiritual body manifestation?" one of the two figures behind christopher muttered.

"by a mere human?" the other asked.

[a/n: okay but like the beast monarch and insect monarch are hot 😩]

two figures looked at the christopher reed's new appearance with some amount of interest.

christopher was ready to die at that moment. he had never felt that way again ever since the kamish raid.