Chapter 3 - Part 1

Treat every firearm as if it is always loaded

That's what Park Jimin was taught about gun etiquette from an early age.

Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to unleash hell. Be sure of your target and everything that is downrange (or across the landing in the east wing), and always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction so that accidental discharge will not harm anyone.

Such as the half-naked woman emerging from the en suite.

Damn it, Jimin thought, struggling to concentrate on his task as he touched the tip of the mag to check for ammo. Like Hahm Yunhee wasn't distracting enough, she was flitting around in a skimpy towel with the tops of her silky thighs on show when he was trying to prepare for a mission.

'Ugh, I really needed that shower,' Yunhee groaned in satisfaction as she combed out her tangled locks and padded across the bedroom.

Jimin grunted in response, feeding the magazine back into the Raptor while covertly watching her dry off and slip into a pair of jeans.

It was nearly time for the team to head to Incheon, but since he'd awoken, he'd been unable to shake the feeling that something was amiss with Yunhee because, after showing Tae to his room last night, she'd slid into bed and left her cup of cocoa untouched on the nightstand.

Hahm never left her cocoa.

'What time did he get back?' Jimin casually delved as he sheathed his weapon and made a start on inspecting the second.

'Who?' Yunhee - buttoning up her jeans - swivelled around, almost killing Jimin off when she gifted him with a view of her pert breasts. 'Oh, you mean Tae?' she continued as she slipped her arms through the straps of her lilac bra and covered the mouth-watering sight. 'Around eleven-ish.'

Locking the gun slider to the rear, Jimin deftly eyed the chamber as he nonchalantly said, 'You were extraordinarily quiet. I usually can't shut you up. Did he do anything to upset you?'

'Jimin,' Yunhee breathed impatiently while jerking a square neck blouse over her head, 'will you please stop looking for excuses to annihilate Tae and focus on what's important? Like Hobi?'

'I am focused on Hobi,' Jimin mumbled moodily, but quickly got himself in check when she sceptically lifted her brows and planted her hand on her hips. Placing the firearm in his holster, the mobster shrugged and cast the woman a shamefaced grin. 'Sorry. I am trying, you know?'

With a soft tut of disapproval, Yunhee tied her wet tresses into a low knot and walked to the door. 'It's almost eight. We should head down before Jin starts flapping.'

Jimin bobbed his head in agreement, habitually pushing his floppy, midnight hair away from his forehead before shadowing her along the landing and down the sweeping staircase.