Chapter 13

Yunhee's backside was growing numb

The fountain rim was not the most comfortable of seats, nor was the fine mist wetting the back of her hoodie as it spurted from the cherub's mouth. She supposed she could move, but she was under strict instructions to meet Jimin at this specific spot at ten on the dot.

That was thirty minutes ago.

Funny how when they'd awoken earlier, he'd told her to "be there or be square", but had the nerve to doze off again while she was rushing to take a shower. She was tempted to smack the drooling baby with a pillow, but Yunhee had left him to sleep a little more, knowing he'd get his arse in gear as soon as-

'Fuck, this stuff is heavy!'

Speak of the devil.

'What the hell is he up to?' Yunhee stifled a laugh when she saw Jimin nearly trip down the patio steps.

No wonder. She could barely see his face behind the heap of gardening tools piled high in his arms. But damn, did he look sexy in those jogging pants and that grey vest top.

Rising to her feet, Yunhee walked to help the panting man as he approached with two sledgehammers, a spade, and three industrial waste bags sailing in the wind like parachutes.

'Are we committing homicide, or going paragliding?' Yunhee ridiculed while taking a shovel off the stack to lessen the burden.

'I can think of someone I'd like to push off a cliff before burying.' Shooing her backwards with a wiggling foot, Jimin squatted and dropped the supplies before collapsing onto the fountain's perimeter wall. 'Thank God. My poor back is wrecked.'

'I'll give you a massage later.' Yunhee sympathetically drove her fingers through his messy, black hair, observing the tools he'd dumped on the grass while Jimin braced one foot over his knee and began to untie his laces. 'What are you doing now?'

'What does it look like, Little Legs?' he chuckled as he removed his shoe and chucked it aside.

Yunhee shook her head.

Jimin never failed to surprise her with his peculiar behaviour, but if this was his way of dealing with their current predicament, then so be it.

He was chomping at the bit, silently expressing his reluctance to put her in danger every time he looked into her eyes. She understood his internal struggles; having to sit back and watch Tae take her out on date after date was not easy. Especially when he was impatient to whisk her away himself.

Two days had passed since their last excursion to Dream Bean. Jimin had done his utmost to obey the rules as she anxiously chatted to Tae in the café, while his motivation was keeping her occupied with his come-to-bed-with-me eyes and wandering fingers.

At least there wasn't a certain blonde on shift to distract him this time.

For two prolonged hours, she and Tae made conversation while Yunhee kept a close eye on the Ridge Tree across the road. Unsettlingly, neither Hoseok nor Taehyung made an appearance.