Chapter 4 - Part 1

Just because I am so slow these days, I thought you guys deserved the first half

Just because I am so slow these days, I thought you guys deserved the first half. I promise it won't be piecemeal forever! Love you all!

*

'Where the hell is my-?'

Jimin's canny eyes thinned to slits as he combed the drawer lined with silk ties and designer watches. His favoured, custom-made Omega wristwatch was not in its usual spot, but why in the blazers did his current dilemma surprise him?

'I wish she'd stop rearranging my shit,' Jimin grumbled, calculatingly evaluating his accessories like they were an enemy tied to a chair on the brink of interrogation.

Being unable to locate his organised possessions had become a regular occurrence since Yunhee had "officially" moved in. He'd even seen the pint-sized thief lounging around in one or two of his Armani jerseys with her knees tucked inside.

God forbid he touched one of her thrift-store sweaters.

Undeterred, Jimin slunk forward and ran his fingertip along each and every clear plastic box until he spied his cherished timepiece. 'Gotcha!'

Siphoning out the plastic case, he used the floor mirror to double-check his appearance while fastening the pricey watch around his wrist.

Satisfied that he didn't look like a complete and utter train wreck after several days of immense pressure, Jimin deserted the bedroom, keen to see how their new lodger was faring.

He recognised Yunhee's need to stay with him yesterday; the distressing event had dragged Hobi to hell and back, and he of all people appreciated the hardships of recovering while dealing with post-traumatic stress.

Trauma changed you.

Your values, your perspective and perceptions. Your priorities and philosophies undergoing a transformation while the brain worked to assuage the chaos and adapt to the new and unpleasant knowledge embedded within you.

Jimin had been through it himself, the nightmares of his mother's screams never really fading, not even when Yunhee cradled him and kissed his damp temple in the dead of the night. But she'd risen to the challenge and stepped into the frightening space to walk beside him.

And now, she did the same for Hobi. Not only out of love, but because she too had been through it. Yunhee's experience - heaven forfend, at the soiled hands of Taehyung - helped her understand his torment.

It was why she chose to remain by his side and support him.

What an absolute relief to have Hobi back, though. Perhaps it was a selfish notion, but a happy Hahm Yunhee meant a happy Park Jimin.

If she was upset, he was livid. If she was stressed, he couldn't see a metre in front of him. If she was smiling, then he was beaming like a cretin, and smiling she was when she drifted off to sleep on the sofa, leaving Jimin pacified enough to focus on the precarious days ahead.