Chapter 15

Jimin could not recall the last time he'd worn a tailored Armani suit

Since meeting Yunhee, he'd grown rather accustomed to skinny ripped jeans and trendy t-shirts. Anything that matched the biker jacket that was gifted to him from the affable, purple-haired Jinnie.

Today, however, required professional attire.

Even Jin had abandoned his everyday polo shirt and slacks and pulled out his deadliest weapon. A classic steel grey three piece. One of the finest in the world that he was trying his damn best not to muck up as he dipped under the roller door of the garage.

'Are you sure this is wise?' Yunhee questioned, grimacing at the sheathed army knife in her hand as Jin plonked a cumbersome duffel bag by their feet.

'We're not leaving without backup.'

Taking the blade from her, Jimin added it to the bundle of ammo and zipped up the bag, his roaming gaze inspecting her apparel as he crammed it into the hidden trunk compartment.

Two scraggy pigtail buns, a battered denim jacket over a sun bleached button-down he was sure belonged to Jungkook, and leather boots creased with age. Far too large for her dainty feet and likely stolen from Suga's wardrobe.

If he didn't know and love the lady so much, he'd presume she was some street kid gearing up to pilfer his rich pockets.

'I know backup is good,' Yunhee sulked while scratching her frizzy hair, 'but if his men search your car-'

'It's a chance I'm willing to take,' Jimin replied with a wry smile as he tried to ram the hoard of weapons deeper into the partition.

Nine times out of ten, Yunhee's instincts were on point; it was probably a terrible idea to hide a mass of firearms and knives in their car and drive onto enemy territory, but without them, the mobster felt as lost as a goose in a snowstorm.

'Can't you just like...I dunno, pretend you didn't see his email?'

Abandoning the duffel bag, Jimin eased to his full height, empathetically eyeing his concerned girlfriend as Jin conveniently ignored their conversation and kept himself occupied by sharpening a switchblade.

As expected, Ji Changwook had fired a warning shot across their bow and summoned them to Ganeung-dong, but it wasn't online like Yunhee thought. A gruesome gift had been delivered to the house while they were at Namsan Park, an extremely unpleasant reminder of what could happen should they cross him.

Sweeping a loose piece of fringe into his slick backed hair, Jimin pressed his lips together and tried to think of a way to appease the worried sick woman.

'There was no dodging the email. He...he requested a "read receipt".'

Yunhee's features crumpled. 'Please don't go.'