Chapter 32

'It's empty

'It's empty.'

'I can see that.'

'Why is it empty?

'I don't know, Jimin,' Tae gnarled out his answer as the mob boss rescanned the paper to check he wasn't losing the plot.

A copy of Taehyung's weekly planner was unfolded for everyone to view as they congregated around Sook's dining table. It was sitting directly under the ceiling light, and yet, the daily columns were still void of information.

'Did you get the right one?' Joonie blustered while staring dubiously at Tae.

'How many schedules do you think I have?' Tae glowered, but instantly held his hands up when every head in the room turned to gape at him. 'He has. Not me.'

Jimin's eyes narrowed to tiny slits as he tenaciously occupied his personal space. 'Tell me what happened. In detail.'

Running his fingers over his drained face, Tae garbled a few unintelligible curses and dropped his arm with a tormented lour. 'For the umpteenth time, Park. I put the baseball cap on, kept my head down, and walked into the House of Cards like I owned the place-'

'How could you act like you owned the place with your head down-'

'You told me to keep my head down in case they saw my scar-free face!' Tae despairingly cried. 'I barged into Taehyung's office and ordered some halfwit to get me a copy. He printed it out and handed it over before I made my exit, walked two blocks, and got in the awaiting car with you.'

'And you didn't think to check the printout before leaving?' Jimin admonished with a patronising snarl.

'No!' Tae comically chortled. 'I was too busy trying not to get caught!'

Jimin sneered, waving him off with a dismissive flip of the hand as he strolled away. Tae had done an incredible job obtaining the timetable, but he was too stubborn to praise the man because - ultimately - it was useless, and they were no closer to helping Yunhee.

'I highly doubt the guy printed out the wrong file,' Suga drawled as Jimin and Tae threw themselves onto a chair and glared at each other across the length of the table. 'This is definitely it.'

'Right,' Jimin laughed while mussing his raven hair between his fingers, 'so, you're telling me that Taehyung has nothing coming up in the next week? No business? No parties? Not a single fucking orgy?'

'Either that, or he cancelled his appointments to spend time with Yunhee knowing that it would leave you hamstrung. Two birds, one stone, and all that Mafia King jazz,' Jinnie nonchalantly added as he picked a piece of food from between his teeth. 'If I didn't know Taehyung was a raging psychopath, I would go as far as to say that's romantic-'

'Not the time, Jinnie,' Mee reprimanded as a communal groan sailed around the living room.

Jimin massaged his temples, willing a stream of times and locations to appear on the barren schedule while Jinnie's insensitive statement generated a restless cacophony in his head.