Chapter 19

Taehyung's unyielding presence was becoming a bit of a dilemma

In an ideal world, Yunhee would have made a mental note of the six-digit code Hoseok entered into the keypad, but the persistent fingers stroking her hip left her with no control over her actions and staring at the front door wondering how in the damnation she got here.

One minute, she was griping on the warehouse floor after landing with a heavy thump, the next, riding through the sweeping hills of Pyeongchang-dong in a stylish car. Then she was standing outside her "new home" waiting to cross the threshold like some virgin bride of Satan.

Run. Don't run.

Argue the toss out of the situation. Be a good little girl.

Kick Taehyung in the gonads. Kiss him to within an inch of his life.

Conflicting thought after conflicting thought muddled Yunhee's head, but one thought stood out above all. Taehyung had made it clear that Jinnie was his prisoner.

Somewhere within Yunhee lived the strong woman in love with Park Jimin who had the ability to fight The Dark Energy, but that willpower was moot. If she didn't do as Taehyung bid, Jinnie would die.

'Are you going to stand there all night?'

Fuck this man and his rascally eyebrow. The entrance was wide open, Hoseok was walking through the foyer with the briefcase, while Taehyung swept his palm over the threshold and waited for her to step inside.

'Preferably,' Yunhee mumbled as she shuffled through the doorway and looked around.

It was a far cry from home, but the warm ambience felt welcoming after standing outside in the chilly air. She was never in a gazillion years going to admit that to the crazy zealot that followed her in with a hand resting above her backside, though.

As per Jimin's mansion, the grand staircase lay directly in front of her with the farmhouse kitchen and living room to the left, and the library, safe room and sitting room to the right.

The rear of the property held a maze of additional rooms, but the ballroom where Taehyung had gathered twenty-three women under the pretence of a masquerade was what piqued Yunhee's interest.

Meeting Alexander Volkov and being whisked onto the dance floor still loitered in her mind like an unpleasant smell, but the function room was home to a volley of escape routes in the form of windows and balconies.

How easy would it be to sneak out while avoiding the shrewd owner who had eyes in the back of his head was the big question.

'Do you wish to eat before bed?' Taehyung asked as he slipped the pea coat off her shoulders and handed it to a butler who looked like he'd risen from the grave.

Bed?

Hell no.

There was a stinging remark on the tip of Yunhee's tongue, but when the door slammed behind her, she jumped out of her skin and swivelled around.