Chapter 5

The billiard room was one thing, but his study?

Granted, Jimin had requested that the team coordinate in his private office at ten sharp, he didn't think they were courageous enough to head in without him.

His two best men, Jin and Namjoon - huddled over a laptop and discussing business matters - were an exception, and admittedly, he didn't mind Jungkook loitering by the patio doors and gawking into the vast expanse of his gardens.

Hobi and Suga lounged on the Chesterfield beside the fireplace, chatting amongst themselves. No harm there, really, as long as they didn't spill their coffee and stain the leather.

Tae, though.

Tae was on his feet by the bookshelf, his glasses perched on the end of his snooty nose as he curiously flicked through a novel.

No, Jimin didn't like that.

Those were his books. Books that he had no intention of reading, but still his.

At least everyone was present and ready for the meeting, everyone except for-

'You joining us or not, boss?'

Jimin broke out of his analytical headcount to find Jin and Namjoon evaluating him like he'd grown a second head. It then came to his attention that everyone in the room had fallen as silent as the sheeted dead to stare at him.

Probably because he was lingering in the doorway like an unpleasant smell.

Clearing his throat, Jimin smoothed his palms over his newly trimmed hair, his biting eyes fastened to the aloof man poring over the paperback as he walked to his bureau and took a pew.

The spectacle agitated his wits like a storm-tossed ship, but if there was ever a time to take a leaf out of Yunhee's book of serenity and quit being uptight, it was now.

Circumstances change. They evolve, Jimin. This is your life right now, our life. So, be the great Mafia King you were born to be and get on with it.

Jimin could argue that he wasn't accustomed to his boat being rocked after years of peaceful living. The estate was his haven, a place he could return to after a turbulent day in the criminal world, but it was time to face the music.

Yunhee's words of wisdom last night had struck a chord, along with her silky lips and talented fingers soothing his-

'I made lemonade!' Yunhee zestfully burst into the study with eight glasses of murky liquid sloshing all over the tray she carried.

'Ooh, fancy!' Jin praised, claiming a drink as Namjoon snorted and Tae conveniently found the civility to return the book to its rightful place.

Dumping the platter before him, Yunhee excitedly gestured for everyone to tuck in, and - one by one - Jungkook, Suga, Hobi, Tae and even Namjoon assembled to receive their treat.