Chapter 17

Some relationship this was

Yunhee curled her chilly fingers inside her sleeves, glaring at Taehyung from under her lashes as he continued to ignore her presence.

How could one man be so boorishly blasé, leaning against a theme park entrance and leafing through Jin's journal as if he hadn't just abducted a woman and a powerful artefact?

Insufferable bastard.

At this stage in the game, Yunhee had no idea if The Dark Energy could be wiped out by destroying Taehyung the Toxic Human, but she was willing to put Jin's theory to the test if it meant evading this satanic nightmare.

The silk scarf around Taehyung's neck looked loose. Perhaps she could secure it and strangle him to death in the process while he was distracted with the journal?

If not that, she could coquettishly remove his gloves and stuff them down his throat. The woollen coat he wore would make for a great body bag that she could tie off with her laces, but she may have to use her own to hide his legs because he was rather tall.

Taehyung's pea coat, though - the one he'd "affectionately" bundled her into after insisting she put on a pair of trousers and shoes - was the only thing preventing Yunhee from dying of hypothermia in the frigid, night air.

There were other options. The Raptor he'd recovered from the home cinema and reloaded, but that was brazenly hidden beneath his jacket under the assumption that he wouldn't need to use it.

That left her with one last choice of defence.

Inching a little closer to the carefree Taehyung, Yunhee eyed the satchel propped against his shins.

The leather material was the only thing shielding the prick from being blasted halfway across the car park. If she could get her hands inside the bag and on the stone, she could smack him around the face with it.

I wouldn't do that if I were you, precious...

Yunhee groaned in exasperation, her head lolling against the padlocked gates as she fought a swell of hopelessness.

This was not good.

The chances of Jimin finding her at an abandoned location were slim to none. She couldn't get within an inch of Taehyung without The Dark Energy playing devilish tricks on her mind. And Min Yoongi was dead.

If she put one foot out of place, the oppressing bully would not hesitate to bury her ex, too.

Tae was the reason she'd opened that safe and removed the stone. He was the reason she'd allowed Taehyung to drive her from the estate and onto old stomping grounds. He was the reason she remained by his side now, waiting for his sleazy right-hand to roll up.

'A little birdie told me that you're rather fond of this joint.'

Oh, now he was talking to her.