Chapter 3 - Part 2

'You're going to wear a hole in the floor at this rate

'You're going to wear a hole in the floor at this rate.'

As if Namjoon's sarcastic remark was going to stop Yunhee.

She'd already marched up and down every inch of the estate, so why not add the foyer to the collection? Particularly the area right next to the main door because Jimin, Suga, Jin and Tae had been gone for hours and she was incredibly eager to see them return carrying an additional soul.

'Yunhee,' Jungkook complained from where he perched on the sill of the stained glass window, 'I'm antsy enough as it is!'

'See!' Namjoon pointed at the pale faced man as he leaned against the wall with his ankles crossed. 'You're upsetting the kid-'

'Kid?' Jungkook sprang off the ledge, flexing his biceps to demonstrate he was no infant. 'How about I wallop you into next Tues- oh! Hold on! I think someone's coming!'

Yunhee stopped pacing when she heard tyres crunching on gravel, the rumble of a distant engine approaching the property increasing in volume along with the rapid beat of her heart.

'Holy hole in a doughnut! They're back!' Jungkook shrieked as the trio scrambled to unlock the entrance like a throng of excited children.

Racing through the door faster than a .220 Swift bullet, Yunhee hurtled down the stone steps, a cry of elation departing her throat when Jimin jogged towards her displaying an equally jubilant grin.

'Thank God!' she exclaimed as she launched herself into his wide open arms. Too scared to hear the truth in fear of horrible news, Yunhee buried her head into Jimin's chest and creased his white tee inside her tiny fists. 'Please tell me you found him?'

'Maybe,' he whispered, smoothing his mouth across the top of her hair before tilting her chin and giving her digits a squeeze.

With an infectious beam, Jimin twitched his head to the commotion around the Hyundai, making Yunhee glance hopefully over his shoulder.

Jin was articulately gushing vulgarities and brushing muck off the passenger seat, while in the foreground, Suga and Tae shuffled towards her with a scrawny figure hanging between them.

'Hobi...' Yunhee uttered, her hand slipping from Jimin's as she circled around him and tread slowly over to the battered-looking man.

The damage to his skin was substantial; a swollen eye-socket, red welts, and spotted contusions. They would mend in time, but Yunhee understood that damage to the mind took far longer to rewire itself back to a positive mentality.

Being beaten up was a misguided phrase, for in truth, you're actually beaten down.

And yet, as Hobi clung to the shoulders of his two buddies and came face-to-face with her, his watery eyes shone as bright as the overhead sun.

Overwhelmed by the brave sight and riveted to the ground by a sickening wave of guilt, Yunhee choked up and found herself unable to function in his presence.