Chapter 30

Yunhee couldn't determine exactly what had transpired in the gardens yesterday, but as she rubbed her chilly fingers together on the frost-bitten patio and examined the damage, she knew that Jimin was the sole instigator

Oriented strand boards covered the windows, splinters of glass strewn across the fractured chequered tiles. But the breadwinner had to be the crater gouged into the earth at the bottom of the demolished steps.

The gruesome fountain was nothing but dust. A satisfying sight, if ever there was one.

'Nice one, Park.'

Suppressing a lopsided smile because she was being watched, Yunhee splashed on her best poker face and reminded herself of the role she needed to fulfil to keep Taehyung sweet.

She wasn't much of an actress. Modifying her spunky nature was not as straightforward as one would like to imagine, but if she tried too hard and oversaturated her performance with a personality transplant, Taehyung would see right through her pretence.

There was also the issue of The Dark Energy. Although at her disposal, it had the ability to make her fall at her captor's feet if she got too close.

Summoning up her courage, Yunhee swivelled on her stiletto pumps, tartly waving at two security guards as she headed indoors.

The household was typically quiet before 8AM, but as she passed four more sentries and walked through the chasm of silence towards the kitchen, it gave her the opportunity to think about what to say to Taehyung at breakfast.

There were three things on her agenda today.

One: make Taehyung believe that she was truly sorry for her behaviour.

Two: tap into his narcissist persona and take advantage of his deep need for excessive admiration.

Three: convince him to whisk her away from the mansion under the pretext of spending a romantic day together, and pray to God that Jimin would track their location.

The question was: what could they do as a couple?

Taehyung had already evaded her suggestion to have coffee after visiting her grandma. What brought the Mafia King pleasure other than world dominance, selling women like cattle, and trying to entice Park Jimin's girlfriend onto his dick?

'Hmm,' Yunhee pondered as Taehyung's double entendre galloped around her brain.

I was thinking I could take you with me next time and we can enjoy her together.

Of course, The Countess. That horse thingamajig who, at first, Yunhee believed to be a beautiful noblewoman that Taehyung was having a scandalous affair with.

What was it again? A thoughtly-bred mare? No, that couldn't be right. Toughly-brood? Thoughtless-bride?

Yunhee whined as she crossed the foyer into the west wing. God only knew; she didn't know the first thing about mounting a saddle. What mattered was that Taehyung did, and that he'd already proposed they take a ride together in the near future.