Chapter 28

To go against the grain is the secret of bravery

So Jimin had been told.

Right now, he felt like the biggest coward on the planet as he and his companions ran for their lives.

No, he reminded himself, it's not our lives at stake. Yunhee's safety was more important. Fleeing was the right thing to do because they were outnumbered and absolutely no use to the woman dead.

That was the only reason the mob boss didn't turn around and gun his way back into the mansion to try and rescue her again. The only reason he sprinted across the driveway to evade the spray of bullets churning from the enemies' gun.

That, and a cussing Min Yoongi practically shoving him along as they blindly returned fire.

Jimin was the first to reach the garage, kicking the pedestrian entry in and ushering everyone to shelter before closing off the mayhem.

Inside, he and Tae threw their weight against the door to keep the danger out, while Suga took a moment to reload his mag, and Jinnie circled on the spot in search of God knows what.

Outside, pounding footfall surrounded the building while Taehyung threatened to raze his garage to the ground if they didn't come out.

'The tool chest!' Jimin panted while eyeing a tall aluminium box pushed against the wall.

Boots thumped against the door, rattling the hinges and jarring him to the bone as Jinnie and Suga rushed to manoeuvre the bulky item. Quickly wheeling it over, they barricaded it in place, but when a bullet penetrated the door and missed them by a millimetre, everyone dropped to their backsides.

'Did I miss?' Hoseok maliciously cackled through the keyhole.

'This guy...' Suga uttered as he wedged his rubber soles into the ground and thrust his spine against the tool chest.

'Is also a world-class cunt,' Tae finished with a strained growl as Jimin peered around the garage.

The interior was packed with a range of luxurious beauties, at least eight custom-made automobiles lined up at their disposal.

'Yoongi, we're going to need that car.'

Suga removed a handful of fobs from his pocket and began to press every button he could get his sweating fingers on. When a succession of beeps and orange hazard lights flashed along the string of vehicles, he sprang to his feet and dragged Jinnie towards a tri-coat green SUV.

'Get in the back and stay down!' Jimin ordered, glancing at the roller door as he and Tae tried to hold the fort.

The tool box was shifting, scraping along the concrete and forcing them backwards. It was only a matter of seconds before they broke through the pedestrian entry, and if the main shutter opened, too, Taehyung's men would come flooding in from all directions.