Chapter 15

Ciane

Two weeks had gone by in a blur. Christian was anything but gentle. I had learnt that the hard way the first time his fist had hit me. He lacked emotions and he enjoyed torturing me. I had seen firsthand how sadistic he could be. After he had 'emotionally tortured' me, his training had grown even harder. I was on the verge of giving up most of the time but somehow, somehow I got the strength to keep going.

I also noticed that in those two weeks, my body was becoming more toned, more muscled and I wasn't complaining one bit. It was one of the perks of the vigorous and tormenting training I was going through. The only one actually.

Today however, when I awoke at the right time, Christian was no where to be seen. I was so accustomed to our daily routine that his sudden disappearance was quite odd and left an uncomfortable feeling within me. I barely knew him and wouldn't say I was overly concerned for the guy but I was curious. What could have possibly come up?

Maybe it's another of his crazy 'tests' and I knew I needed to be ready for a thorough session with him. However, an hour later, I knew he wasn't going to show up. I sighed and dropped down on the mat, my legs and arms spread wide apart from each other as I made 'mat angels'

I was already so bored laying on the mat so with a rash decision, which I knew I'd completely regret, I get up and match towards his supposed room. I had ever really gone there after the time I had accidentally seen him crying his eyes out.

I match towards his said room and pushed the door open only to be met with. . .nothing. He wasn't in and it looked like he hadn't been in for an entire night. Maybe he went out? But where?

In the past few months I've been here, he had never gone out. Always doing something or training me. I always tried my best to avoid him at all cost. I did not know what to think of his sudden disappearance and I honestly did not want to know.

I prepare myself some coffee and made a few pancakes for myself. Surprisingly, he had said he didn't mind if I used any of the things and food he had. Of course he did not state it out.

*

Two days later and he still wasn't back. Each morning I woke up at 4.00am and headed to the training ground. Maybe he got bored and abandoned me in this gigantic house in the middle of nowhere.

It was early morning and I was busy taking my second cup of coffee when a loud noise echoes through the empty house. I ignore it not ready to move away from the comfort of my sit. I try to take a sip only for the same noise to interrupt my mood. I knew I had to go and check. Maybe it's another rogue? That shocks me and I immediately shoot up from my sit, heading towards the door, where the noise was growing quite loud as if someone wanted to get in.

I quietly tiptoed towards the source, my eyes eyeing the bat that was by the couch. Reasons it was there? I didn't know but I was thankful for it. With quick fluid movements, I run over and grab it, clutching it tightly with both my hands. I tip toe towards the door where the same noise was still coming from. I knew I wasn't really trained much but I wouldn't go down without a fight. Without Christian here, I had to fend for myself and realize that I was already a grown woman who needs to fight her own battles.

I knew I had to act quickly before the culprit could sense or smell me. I quickly unlocked the door, ready to deliver a life uttering blow. The bat, however, remains mid air when my eyes focuses on the form of the person outside.

My eyes widen comically as I stared at the being who was currently slumped on the floor, his eyes barely open. His face was black and blue with bruises and bloody gushes all over his now barely clad form. I was beyond shocked. What had happened to him. No words left my mouth as I focused on his now closed eyes, breath coming out shallow and barely there.