Chapter 8

"Mama! Mama! Can you tell me how you and Papa met?" I ask my voice low as I stare up with my huge doe eyes at my smiling mother.

"But Amore! I've told you this story so many time presiozo." She whispers as she scoops me in her arms placing me securely on her lap as she presses a gentle kiss on my forehead and hair.

"But I love it Mama!" I whine giving her a puppy look and she sighs rolling her eyes at me small frame.

"That's cheating," she mumbles mostly to herself as she stares down at my small frame on her lap.

"Okay fine," she agrees and I squeal loudly, bouncing slightly on her lap. She rolls her eyes at my antics but still smiles nonetheless.

"Back in my pack, my father was a pack..."

A loud scream echoes through the house and I shoot out of bed nearly breaking my neck as the duvet covers tangle my legs in a tight twist. I look around frantically wondering where the scream came from.

I slowly untangle myself from my covers as I peek outside before stepping out of my room, walking aimlessly. After walking around for a few minutes, my mind registers what I'm doing. I think I just love getting myself in trouble. I should  go back to my room before I come face to face with that...that creep. I turn ready to go back but halt when my ears pick up heavy breathing in a room right in front of me.

Without thinking about it, I push the door slightly and not to my surprise it's open. I peek in  and my eyes widen at the sight before me. The emotionless guy sprawled out on his bed, his hand clutching his head tightly. I watch before my eyes, as a tear drop down his cheeks, and his eyes...his eyes that have always been so emotionless held one emotion, just one that nearly hurt me too;pain, unbelievable amount of pain.

A new feeling shoots through my chest as I stare at him. I suddenly get the urge to walk over to him and engulf him in a hug but I'm sure I'd just make everything worse and I might just end up dead. Without uttering a word, I close the door as lightly as possible before wobbling back to my room.

The image of the guy comes back to my mind and my mind race endlessly with questions. Why did he look so hurt? So much pain. I get into my warm bed wondering what made him that hurt. I had nearly judged him. No wonder his so cold. He too went through something and the only way to protect himself is to stay cold and lock down each and every emotion he has. It's the only way for him not to hurt or feel. It's understandable. He's usually so emotionless with this dark aura around him that makes me avoid him like a plague, and now I somehow understand.

He's just like me, scarred by his past, made emotionless and cold. I turn a couple of times trying to get his image out of my head, only it doesn't work. Thought after thought keeps running through my mind and I immediately knew that I was not going to sleep.

****

The light rays of the sun streamed through the thick curtains of my room, slightly lighting everything up. Just like I had thought, I didn't get any ounce of sleep and I'm pretty sure I was a creepier version of The walking Dead. I unfold the warm duvet from my body, immediately being hit by the cold hair causing several goosebumps appear on my skin. I trod over to the bathroom and my presumption are confirmed as I stare at the heavy circles under my eyes.

I walk into the shower stripping and turning on the water. I let the warm water cascade down my back and a heavy sigh leaves my lips as tiredness leaves me temporarily. I search through the drawers, finding an unused toothbrush and toothpaste. Twisting the toothpaste open, I press some of it onto the brush, vigorously brushing my teeth and rinsing my mouth with the water.

I walk out of the bathroom walking over to the walk in closet, picking another set of clothes before putting them on.  I really should leave, I mean I'm already feeling fine. After dressing, I walk out towards the kitchen in search of food.

Heavy scent of coffee lingers in the air as I walk further down the stairs. I walk into the kitchen and I nearly gasp as I stare at the guy whom I need to find a name for preparing pancakes.

"Hey," I offer and nearly smacking myself hard at the weird greeting I just gave him. He doesn't even turn and my cheeks nearly burn when I realize he wasn't going to reply. I was almost ready to turn and walk away but I make out a slight grunt from him and i just sigh taking it as a reply not really caring if he was actually replying or because of his own personal issues. I don't ponder further on it because suddenly a questions I've been dying to know the answer to flood my mind and before I can stop it, it leaves my lips.

"Why did you save me?" My eyes trained on his now rigid form by the cooker. I stare at his back, trying hard to ignore the prominent flexing of his muscles by his movements. Just like how I anticipated, he's quiet and for once, I get angry.

I walk over to him, grabbing his arm ,and pulling him so he's staring at me.

"What's wrong with you?! I keep talking to you and all you do is shut up as if you can't actually talk?! It's tiring you know. If you aren't going to answer me, I'm gonna match through that door and I swear..." I stop mid sentence as the dark aura around him grows even darker. I take a step back, my eyes trained on his face. His face is just as emotionless like the first time I saw him but his eyes are dark, nearly black. His jaw clenched tightly that I thought it would break, his hands clenched in a tight fist that even his knuckles had turned white.

My face pales at the sight. I had never seen him this mad before and I immediately regret my words. His eyes still focused on me, narrows into slits and I audibly gulp in fear.

"Get out," he utters almost calmly that I nearly missed it.

"W-what?" I question my brows scrunched in nothing but confusion.

"I said get out!" He snaps and I flinch back as terror washes over my body and without my consent, I begin shaking like a frail leaf.  A sudden memory surface and I immediately turn around racing back to the room I was a couple of minutes ago.

I rush in slamming the door shut and slide down on the floor tears already falling. I felt disgusted by myself. I hated myself at this particular moment and not because I didn't get the courage to ask him why he saved me. I hated myself because I became a coward and ran. That's what I always do, run, for it's the only thing I know. It's what I've always done and I did it again.

*****

Sorry for taking so long!

FYI This happened the same night :)

If you liked it you can,

Vote. Comment. Share. 😘😘