Chapter 29

A shout out to amour_hxneybonie_ for reading this book and keeping up with the updates! I appreciate it so much! Thank you!❤️ :)

I tried tagging you it didn't work :(

---------

Ciane

He had skilled hunters with him.

Skilled hunters.

The thought echoes through my mind over and over again.

Hunters.

Lust filled humans who crave blood and have an obsession with supernatural beings. The worst creatures to have ever walked the earth. To hire or work with these beings being the low of lows is disgusting and repulsive. Why would Exus ever do that? Why would he stoop so low? Why would he be so courageous to attack and massacre an entire pack?

"Why? Why did he attack your pack? What prompted such a reaction out of him?"

I knew Exus was harsh and a total lunatic but to bring down an entire pack with the help of hunters is something that I didn't think he could or would do. No one can do that without some strong motives.

"Do you want to share what happened? How it got there. If you don't feel like it, you don't have to." I explain staring at him expectantly.

Christian shuts his eyes almost painfully. He was struggling, I could tell. I could see the emotions well displayed on his face that he tries so hard to hide.

"You don't have to, Christian." I assure running my hand on his.

"No, I want to tell you. I have never talked about it and it's eating me up from the inside. I want to share it with someone, for once." He confesses, offering me a small smile.

I nod assuring him that he can stop whenever he wants to.

"I told you how I met Anabelle but not the events that followed. Everyone almost instantly liked Anabelle when we went back to my pack. My mother couldn't help but gush at how beautiful and charming she was. Even dad loved her. Everyone did except Olivia." He lets out a sigh.

"She felt as if there was something missing from her "perfect" character. She didn't believe it and I wish I had too but she was my mate. I didn't find fault and I told Olivia she was just thinking things." He scoffs, the words painful.

"A few months after we met, I asked her if I could mark her, if I could seal the bond between us because I knew she was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with and have kids with. I was so foolish." A cold, unrecognizable chuckle leaves his lips. "She adamantly refused saying she wasn't ready and that we should wait and I agreed. She grew so distant and cold from then on, began arguing so much with my sister it was growing alarming. At that point I think dad began suspecting that something wasn't right. She would disappear for days, coming back with bruises and heavily wounded flesh."

"I honestly did not know what was happening. I asked her what was wrong and she got mad each time. And then she requested to go back to her brother's pack and I accepted. I thought maybe a talk with her brother would help her or relax her. Our pack wasn't far from Wolf Creek and she sometimes went for a few days and I thought she was doing okay.  She looked happy, elated even. And I was relieved. I wish it had been true or it had lasted."