Chapter 18

Ciane

A sigh escaped my lips as I snuggled closer to my duvet, fully enjoying the fact that I was actually getting some much needed sleep. Sleep had evaded me the previous night and I was fully utilizing the sudden calm night.

Suddenly, unprepared, cold freezing water comes in contact with my body. A loud yelp leaves my lips as I shoot up from the bed, wondering what exactly happened.

My eyes scan the room and settle on the man who was currently holding an empty bucket. He did this! The audacity!

"How dare you! What's your problem! Have you lost your mind!?!" I raged, shooting eye daggers at his form. He even has the audacity to smirk at me, folding his arms across his chest. He's literally amused by my now dripping flesh.

"You think this is funny!? Why couldn't you just wake me up like a sane person and why am I awake at 4.00am in the morning?" He only stares at me with amusement in his eyes.

"First of all, this is freaking hilarious and secondly, did you forget your training or have you already given up?" He replies, his eyes holding the same amusement I had witnessed. If I wasn't completely livid, I would have been quite shocked that Christian was showing me some type of emotion.

"Don't you remember you stopped showing up yourself! It has been almost a week now and you're talking about training? I think you have a few lose screws." I fumed.

"That's a bit rude but I couldn't really train you while injured, could I? But if you don't want anymore training, you can go back to sleep. I honestly cannot waste my time on a lazy pupil." He says, already walking towards the door.

Lazy?

Lazy pupil!? He really got guts. I'll show him what a lazy pupil looks like.

I grab my slipper and immediately hurl at his retreating figure. I was almost ready to cackle but he ducks before the shoe could make contact with his back.

"You have a terrible aim, and I would help you with that too but I can't force you." He shrugs.

This is so not him. He has never walked into my room before. He has never willingly helped me out.

"Why are you so willing to help me now when I literally had to beg you the first time?" I asked.

"Well, I don't break my promise and furthermore, you owe me a favour and that's more important than anything. This isn't about you, Ciane, don't even let it cross your mind." Of course it's not about me.

"Yeah but why would you pour freezing cold water on me. Why not wake me up like a normal person?"

"Yeah, where is the fun in that and I was dying to see your reaction." He chuckles before quickly exiting the room. This man is actually finding humor in my misery. But this Christian looked kind of jovial. Almost happy about something. Christian and happiness is equal to disaster and pain for me.

Ten minutes later and I was already standing at the training ground, patiently waiting for Christian who was no where to be seen. He had forced me out of bed only for him not to show up.

I swallow the rage that was bubbling in my stomach, taking deep breaths in order not to murder the said man. I knew though not to let my guard down because knowing Christian, he could easily attack me from behind and call it "training."

I hear his footsteps, before his barely there scent wafted towards me. His scent was also the reason why I could never really tell where he was sometimes and that itself was a mystery to me.